Thursday, May 10, 2012

Party of Five

When I asked Virginia why my belly was so big....she replied that "Mommy just ate too many cookies." We told her it was not cookies. Then she offered..."ok...maybe strawberries?" Nope. So we finally got down to the truth and told them that we were in fact expecting a baby. I am pretty sure I heard a "In our house?" John and Virginia both wanted it to be a boy! Yet Virginia wanted to name this baby Valerie Koontz...turns out because it also starts with a V. But John just goes for names he knows. So his first choice was Kristina Rilee Koontz (in honor of his best friend Katy's Mommy) and when I told him that it was not a boy name...he settled on the name.....Allison Koontz.

On Sunday night, I asked them one final time if they wanted the baby to be a boy or a girl. Both said boy.

Me: Well, great. What if this turns out to be a girl?
Virginia: Don't worry.
Me: Why?
Virginia: Don't worry Mommy...we will try for a girl next time.

Hmm...well, that's something.

So I suppose it is official...we are having a baby boy in September...and Virginia has been practicing her diapering daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment