So it was a day I have been dreading. For a long time. I made appointments for the kids to go to the dentist when they turned three. I did the smart thing and took them with me to my last appointment so they could see what happens, meet the ladies, bought them a book about Dora going to the dentist...the full show. Then, it turned out that you actually have to sign your kids up for Dental Insurance...it does not just happen when they are born and you sign them up for Health Insurance. Oops. So I had to cancel their appointment. And I was fully relieved. Then sweet William was born and we were able to get them all on for that. Blah. So I knew it was coming and denied it happening until today. As we all know, sometimes they are naughty at doctor offices. Luckily, we have come a long way at the pediatrician.
But....off we were to the dentist. It was during nap time and the baby was starving. So we get there and they were excited! YAY! Then the lady handed me the paperwork. 7 pages for each...while I am feeding a baby in the bjorn backwards with a bottle. It turns out it is difficult to feed a baby and hold a clipboard. Even a lady that came in asked if she could help. Shame. But we were good....until Penny came out to get us. The fear on Virginia's face was priceless. And horrifying. And funny. John was thrilled....solely because I offered ice cream after. And yes I know, it is the dentist. Oh well.
We went back and I knew John was my only hope of going first or at all. So I told him it was his turn. He politely offered the first turn to William. I clearly explained that William did not have any teeth...so he was not seeing the dentist. Sadness. But I offered to sit in the chair and let John lay on me. That got him! He got up and was thrilled! He did a great job! Virginia on the other hand was making such a stink that the main dentist who owns the whole place and we have never seen before....came by (because he heard her) and offered crackers and jokes. She was having no part of it.
After much discussion, I forced her onto the chair. She went lip locked. Would not let anyone in there. We only got in there mid-cries. But it was enough. And shamefully, it could have been worse so I was kind of proud of her. The ladies that worked on us just felt sorry for me. And when I said I had my appointment next week, I really thought they were going to say we could just do it now instead. But no, they kindly asked if I was bringing everyone back again. When I said it would just be me...and the baby...I could see the relief in their eyes. And their words...when one who was holding the baby said, "Oh, thank goodness."
P.S. This was William ready to go to the dentist!
And we really all got ice cream because everyone made it in the chair. Virginia promised she would try harder next time. I hope she does not have a cavity.
All of that good mediocre behavior then led to this. I went up to get them at rest time. I did not see them but saw this....
And found this. Yes, this is everything from their closet short of the clothes.
But this is fun....under a box with no air. And a pull up at least. No pants. As Virginia is pushing down on the box.
The effort to clean up....it was an interesting day. And one that needed a lot of patience, a few tears, and a beer.... and a Daddy to come home, hold a baby, and handle these two. On a positive note, I did clean out their closet after which was apparently much needed.






No comments:
Post a Comment