Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Wizard of Oz


 My good friend Cortney gave us The Wizard of Oz on the kid's first birthday. I wondered how long it would take them to want to watch and not be a bit scared. It turns out, it took no time! They love this movie....even though they really think it is called The Wizard of Eyes! So our neighbor landed a part in the Richmond CYT production of it. And we were off!!!!  The Toto in a basket was a bit over my price range....but she has become obsessed. Toto had a nap today, had some food in his basket, had some "dog milk"....like baby milk...and so on. I think the Baby Casey obsession has come back full force with Toto! So I am guessing it was good money spent!


There was an accidental lights up during the show....so I snapped a few pics! This is what they looked like....for the whole THREE hours! We did take a snack break at intermission with popcorn and M&Ms....and we were refueled! I was shocked they sat there for that long. And more importantly that I bought John a Tin Man's axe during intermission and no one got hurt. 


Singing along! And for those that know Virginia well....she knew with certainty what was coming at each moment. Thank goodness it was exactly like the movie or we would have been hearing about it.


We got to stay after and meet the cast! They wanted nothing to do with Dorothy.


But the Oz was a hit!


So was the axe! And I guess John's silly faces. Thank goodness Granny B was here and stayed with William. Virginia said she was sad he missed it but that she was for sure he would not have liked the witch part.

No comments:

Post a Comment