Sunday, March 17, 2013

Bowling


I have been wanting to take the kids bowling FOREVER!  Obviously since Joe (at one time in his life) was  an avid bowler....own ball and shoes to go with it! But we never managed until a rainy St. Patrick's Day!  The kids were thrilled....well, after we visited the first bowling alley with a tournament happening. The let down in the car was unreal. So pathetic. So we searched on for another bowling alley and I even had a coupon for this one. Good thing. Anyone know how expensive bowling is? I was SHOCKED. And even asked the guy if he didn't count William. Score for Joe having his own shoes....saved us $5!  


The kids had a great time!!!!  Virginia got very serious about our balls once another group came beside us. She was very worried that they were taking ours. So both kids dutifully kept track and made sure the balls were organized into the right sides once this started. 



Poor William. Never gets a chance. No one would even hold him to feed him. Shame.


John quickly realized he was too good to use the kid ball roller....and you can't go bowling without some crack showing!


I got it. 


Nope. Maybe I will throw it. Luckily, not one ball landed on another lane. And he really did not throw it....just thought about it for a minute. 


Pure fun! And she looks like she is 13. 


All was great until a smack on the chin and the balls not coming back around fast enough. And we were done!  After several calls to the front desk to retrieve our balls...the manager came by with some free coupons for us all for three games and a no shoe charge! Whew. That maybe made me feel better for how much we spent. Goodness!


Out on the way home. Too much fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment