Look at these sweet babies!!! The nurses always "sigh" when they see me coming in by myself....but the babies ALWAYS step up and do a great job! We had our year appointment yesterday. All is well! And the shot ladies love John....they always come see us. They did weights and measurements....got fully checked out. Then the Dr. invited us back to his office to have a chat. He looked over their weights....Dr.: So are they still on a bottle?
Me: No...we are on all sippy cups!
Dr.: Are they drinking formula now or milk?
Me: We are on all milk.
Dr.: Hmm....maybe you could switch from whole milk to 2%....whole milk has 4% and they seem to be doing ok.
Me: Really? I'm pretty sure we just got put on a diet.
Bless his heart....he was polite as he could be about it.
In the discussion about height...
Dr.: Alright....let's see how long they are!
Me: Now listen. I am 5 feet exactly and my husband is 6'3....which leads us to quite the predicament. It could be touch and go in the height department. You better measure them accurately. In all seriousness....if she is taller than he is...you better just lie to my face and write your own "measurements" down on your chart.
Dr.: Ok. And sweetie....have you seen your kids? You by far are going to be the smallest person in this family.
Luckily....he did not have to lie.
John:
25 pounds 12 ounces (92% percentile)
31 3/4 inches (80% percentile)
Virginia:
23 pounds 8 ounces (85% percentile)
30 3/4 inches (80% percentile)
What cuties they are!!! Thanks for the update on height and weight....it is like I was at the doctor's office with you! :) I've so enjoyed watching them grow via Koontz Kids online! :) It is truly unbelievable how quickly this time has flown by! I look forward to reading more and more updates as the clock keeps ticking away! Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteI love the update!!! They are growing up so fast! By the way...John officially weighs the same as Isabella. But then again, her least favorite activity is eating and her favorite is running circles around everyone :)
ReplyDeleteZach's daughter was put on a 2 bottle a day diet (formula) by 8 months! She could eat 1 jar or 2 half jars at meals. Now THAT is a diet!!! I think they shoved something in her mouth every time she made a peep!!!
ReplyDeleteJust think back on how tiny they were a year ago....I'd be proud they are growing so much!!! =) So cute!