This Mother's Day did not end up quite as we expected. I was to be off on Friday for girls reunion at home while visiting my parents (and Mom!)...but when the call came in on Friday morning...during field day no less, the tears began. A painless (I'm joking) trip to the Dr. mid-Friday morning instead of field day and minus a trip home landed us here with meds all weekend and some needy kids. Needless to say, I got mexican food twice this weekend in honor of me...and I was able to wake up here today with these wild kids and we stayed in pajamas until Virginia thought it was funny to pour milk on hers. That was at 12:30. So all in all, a good day. We did get to sykpe with my girlfriends but it was just not the same. Sigh. All to familiar of a baby shower I had and missed just a few short years ago.....
But Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there....especially to Granny B, Grandma, and my sister for sending me a fun new lunch bag....it brightened a sad day!! It does not take much for us teachers, you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment