Monday, May 2, 2011

The Royal Wedding

Grandma and Ginger were super into the Royal Wedding! They prepared all week...with wave lessons, books on heads walking practice and so on. We got up early...watched some here and off we were! Virginia was thrilled. Except when I tried to paint her nails the night before and she SCREAMED...."No nails, MOMMY!!!!" It was the first time I have been truly disappointed in one of my kids. Let's pause for a moment and all hope this changes in the future. She was excited about her outfit though. I guess that counts for something. This picture is on the way to daycare....and the all day party!

And when I picked them up, she had a new tiara and necklace...but she was missing her shoes. Now, that is a party.

After daycare...we headed out to a sign making party! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNY!! We love you...and seriously, who gave these kids markers....

Turns out washable markers really do come off bodies and clothes. I was impressed. Also impressed by how well Virginia wrote her name, right?

When we got ready to leave, I put both in the car and told John to go to his seat on the opposite side of the van. This is where he ended up. With two forms of chapstick. This was about 30 seconds before that cup no longer held it's diet coke and visited the floor.

Then we were out. Big day all around with the wedding and all. I guess that bride AND groom's cake they had finally got the best of them.

2 comments: