*She is at a very fun stage where she likes to pick out her own clothes the night before. Then in the morning she cries the entire time that she does not want to wear them. Then, that little girl gets to daycare and proudly shows them off.
*Virginia hates to go in timeout. She uncomfortably laughs when it is happening, then cries the whole time she is there. Luckily, she does not go that often. When asked why she went to timeout, she still rocks..."I made bad choices."
*She loves to wear hair bows at the moment. YAY! Partly because I am refusing to cut her hair and it is in her face at all times.
*Virginia is all about the potty but she doesn't often do more than toot it out. We will start training over Christmas break. Wish our couches and floors good luck.
*She hates to push her sleeves up. Unless someone else tells her to do it.
*She asks all of the time for a big girl bed. It would still never occur to her to climb out. But boy is she going to love it.
*Virginia continues coloring and eating with her left hand.
*She adores the Christmas tree. And tries to open up presents daily saying, "Who are these presents for Momma?"
*She refuses to wear her Redskins jersey anymore. Must be a tribute to the season.
*This girl remembers everything. I was talking to my friend Mary last week, and when I told her...she commented on how Mary's house had a lot of toys and a swing in her backyard. We were there in April.
*Virginia thinks John is hysterical. Anything he does. And then she reports him for bad behavior.
Fun Facts about John:
*John is super fun when it comes to clothes. He often says, "Look at my shirt! Look at my pants!" He is not picky by any means. Except that he really wants to wear Virginia's brown Ugg-like boots. Sorry buddy! But against your Daddy's wishes, when Virginia asks to get her nails painted, I will always paint just ONE of your nails. You are welcome.
*Often, if John has hit her or done really anything....she tells him to go into timeout. She counts out 1...2....3....TIMEOUT JOHN and he actually goes. Man up!
*John knows so many sentences now. He can verbalize most anything.
*This is helpful since he is in a steady relationship with Katy at daycare. But when you ask him who he played with, he never mentions her. Trying to keep secret relationships already.
Example conversation:
Katy- Want to come to my house tonight?
John- I don't know?
Katy- Maybe tomorrow?
John- I am not sure.
Katy- Ok. I will come to your house then.
John- Ok! Can I give you kisses and hugs?
Katy- Yes!
*During the Thanksgiving Day Parade, Sponge Bob came on and John said, "Look...it's cheese!" Food. It's all he thinks about.
*John is a big fan of pooping on the potty. We don't even have to reward with candy.
*He wants to climb out of his crib but can't quit get that belly over.
*He is still coloring with his right hand. Of course eating with both.
*John is a big fan of touching the Christmas lights and looking at you to see if you are looking.
*He loves a game of peekaboo with closing the doors. He knocks. You say, "Who is it?" He responds, "John!" You say "John who?" He says "John Koontz!" And they just laugh and laugh!
*We signed both kids up at Romp N Roll here each week to work on Virginia's leg issues and balance....and for John....listening skills. She learned all of the words for every song after the first week. John learned how to take things apart, climb on every possible apparatus, and get paint on everything he owns.
*We are super into "I had that!" even though no one has touched it yet.
*In a conversation with Joe....
Allison- I think we need to do pull ups every day over Christmas break.
Joe- Well, I was an athlete in college but my upper body strength has never been great.
Allison- I was talking about the diapers fool.
Joe- I think we aren't on the same page.
Allison- Agreed.
*Big fans of Dora, Mickey, Thomas, Elmo, and Barney still.
*Both are big supporters of swimming in the bathtub.
*We are thrilled about the holiday season! They are both so into it. I still can't bring myself to pay for Santa pictures-gone-bad. We will see.
No comments:
Post a Comment