Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Dream

A lifelong dream has really come true. One of the greatest weeks of my life is approaching. As Joe would say....this is not about my loving husband or my beautiful home or my good job or my two wild and fun children. But this...is about the NIELSON TV VIEWING GROUP!!!!!!!!!!! So over Spring Break, we received a letter in the mail about being picked to be a Nielson family. I screamed. Actual screaming. And then I panicked that I missed the call. I checked the caller id. There was one "Private Name, Private Number" logged over the week. Ugh. I was concerned for 3 days that I missed it. Until they called me. Me. I answered "Heeellllooooooooo..." And Pam, from the Nielson family, said that I was the most excited person she had ever talked to. Score.

Her last words were...."Your week is May 13..." and it seemed as though it would never get here. But it did. And it is on. I woke up this morning with a civic duty to watch tv. My first log...support of my good friend Channel 12 news. Channel 12 got me through a lot of mornings in the hospital when there was nothing on tv at 6:30 a.m. when Joe would leave and I would not be able to get back to sleep. We have been watching tv nonstop since I got home from work. I think it might even be a good thing that Joe is off to Baltimore this weekend....these babies and I are going to be doing some serious tv watching. And for anyone who has been to our house....that is somewhat of a joke. Our tv is WAY to high and the babies can't even see it. Oh well....I still log that they are in the room!!!

Bring it on Nielson folks. As my friend said..."Allison....you have been training for this your whole life." Agreed.

4 comments:

  1. Did you receive your crisp 5 one dollar bills along with your diaries? Our viewing week was last week. Unfortunately, I was not as dedicated as you and only recorded the first day or two. Shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it Allison. American is in your hands (and eyes). I will give Joe THE TALK before he goes out with the boys.

    Love,

    Granddad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday you're going to tell the kids it's time to turn the TV off, they've had enough, and they're going to pull up this blog. Until then, enjoy your time in front of the boob tube!!!

    ReplyDelete