Thursday, March 11, 2010

March of Dimes Walk

I decided to walk in the March of Dimes Richmond Walk here on May 2, 2010. I am putting my information below....I would love to have anyone participate with me from donations to walking!!



As most of you know, our little ones were born a bit early. We always felt lucky that it was extra time we got to be with them! Joe and I felt so blessed that the babies were born at 30 weeks....so happy we made it that far. Virginia was 3 lbs. 5 oz. and John was 3 lbs. 6 oz. So little but so big to us!

In that scary yet exciting time, we were so surprised by all of the love and support we received from the March of Dimes. From the time I entered my little stay at the hospital...and by little I mean 10 weeks...Lisa Roday (our March of Dimes Super Lady) started to visit me. At the beginning, I honestly did not even get why it was happening. Then it really occurred to me one day what the March of Dimes actually was. Then after the babies were born and stayed 5+ weeks, she still visited us. We received resources, information, and one most fabulous gift!! The March of Dimes offered us a free photo session of the babies while they were in the hospital. This was so special to us to document this time in their tiny lives.

To this day, we continue to be in awe of the March of Dimes. If you are interested, please support my walk with the March of Dimes. I know this is a tough time in our economy, so no pressure. We ask you to please remember the March of Dimes in our time today....it made a daily difference to our family and to countless other families who did not have such an easy time as we did.

Thank you with all of our hearts!!

Allison, Joe, John, and Virginia
To make a donation, visit my personal Web page at

http://www.marchforbabies.org/allisonkoontz

If you would like to learn more about March for Babies, visit the Web site at
www.marchforbabies.org.

Would you like to see what March for Babies is and why I'm walking?
Click http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P_dFD0J47I to see the video.

The March of Dimes mission is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality.

No comments:

Post a Comment