Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Not About the Kids...About Our Trip!


These pictures are in no particular order....too many! We brought the kiddos back some ukeleles....which Virginia proceeded to say "I don't like this present!" Score! She does know how to bring the love.......

But they were excited when I woke them up today! It was fun after a not so loving for me welcome home last night. She really loved her grandparents being here and told us by the statement when I got home, "I don't want Mommy." So the next time we go away, I won't feel quite as bad. Today she gave me a lot of kisses and hugs and when I went to the store, she said....."No Daddy. I want Mommy." So that made it somewhat better, I guess.

This was Joe's favorite spot. We had to hike here and it was a fresh water pool!


We took the ROAD TO HANA....and it was a bit dicey. This was the easy part.




See!!! Tennis shoes...for those who know me well...I really did hike. Well, I did the first few in flip flops until I realized I would need more support. Or Joe realized and forced me into it.



This was the most beautiful view from our balcony.

A surfer! Who knew? I opted out for height reasons....and maybe some mimosas and pictures on the beach.




This was a view from the surfing lessons.....the buildings you see belong to the local elementary school. Resume submitted.

This dirt road was typical on the last half. Joe loved driving it. Wait....it is also dubbed "Divorce highway".......but we survived.


We literally drove up on the edge with no railings to be seen. It probably made it more intense in an open jeep.

My favorite spot by far!!!!!!



This was the "path" there. It took us several minutes just to find it. You know the type....turn at the yellow dog and past the tree.....

A black sand beach.......bizarre!


There was a rainbow every day!!!!!
We had a great time and missed the kids even though they apparently did not miss us! On to a birthday bbq for them....and then to the beach for 2 weeks with my family and 1 week with Joe's family! We LOVE summer!!!!

1 comment: