Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happy 5 Month Birthday!!!

Even though it was yesterday...we still celebrated....by giving the poor babies a shot! And not that kind of shot...we finally got approved for the RSV shots. They will get one shot a month for 4 months....for the grand total of $8000! Thank goodness Southern Health pulled through and paid for them. But I am sure somewhere down the road...they will say we owe them money for it. Did I mention that I am still dealing with insurance issues from my 10 weeks and their 5 weeks? We cost them about $750,000 so I understand, but I would love for it to be OVER.

Virginia also had a fun birthday and got a free $10! Macy's was running a promotion yesterday for anyone with the name Virginia to come in and get a $10 gift card just for having the name. The founder of their I BELIEVE campaign was named Virginia...so they were honoring all Virginias!

Another big part of last night.....we attempted the NO SWADDLE for sleeping. YIKES! We put them in sleep sacks and hoped for the best. Well....I did. It was about 90 seconds of fussing and Joe was already out.

Joe: Should we just swaddle them?
Allison: WHAT? NO! It has only been like a minute.
Joe: Well....maybe we should just swaddle them.
Allison: Silent and starring in disbelief that this may be how it goes with Joe on all big events.

Needless to say...they did GREAT! They were a bit fussy a few times but it was not that bad. I know you will be thrilled Granny B!

P.S. Sorry Maybeury....we were dressed and ready for the holiday party but the babies were a mess from the shots and were WILD. We had to make a decision to not go. BOO!

Waiting for the shots! Oh yeah....we have a fatty on our hands. John weighs 16 lbs. 4oz. Oh my! And poor little Virginia is not as big weighing in at 13 lbs. 10 oz. Whoa. I guess we would rather her be the smaller one if we had to pick!








Sleeping with NO swaddle!


5 months old!!!!!!!


Joe decided to join in on the fun.


4 comments:

  1. Five months...it can't be!!!! The babies look great...and tell Joe its about time he got in on the measuring fun :)

    Good luck with the rotten insurance company - why do they have to make everything so difficult??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that checked outfit of John's, he looks so handsome in it! Good for them sleeping with no swaddling!!!! They're big kids now! Joe has also grown since the babies were born, thanks for including the pic of Daddy! Just kidding Joe!
    Dougie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pink outfit. Feel like I've seen it somewhere... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the big six month picture how about Joe in a onesie? I'm sure there's a website (nsfw) that would sell a onesie in a mens xxl.

    ReplyDelete