Friday, December 4, 2009

One Week Down

Well, we survived one week of work. It was pretty sad....except for the days when the babies were up all night...it was not that hard to leave those mornings. But it was ok for the most part. I have a GREAT class at school and had the most wonderful substitute ever....for 7 months. Thanks April....you made me returning to work so easy. We say a little thank you for you each day.

Joe and I had a bit of Groundhog Day the other night. This is how it went down:

Joe: Didn't we just do this?
Allison: Yes.
Joe: I mean, feed the babies, change the babies, bathe the babies, feed the babies. It seems like it is the same day over and over again.
Allison: It is.

And it is true. It is so the same thing every day and it is worse now that I joined the working world.

P.S. Thank goodness those babies are back to sleeping through the night. For real.


The bumbo and a little drool to make a night right.


John has decided to start praying during his meals.



We all celebrated Mommy's first week of work!




You can barely see it....but John was smiling at himself in the mirror. So cute!

3 comments:

  1. The first week is so hard. But soon, this will become your new normal. Hang in there - you are doing a great job. Great seeing you today! With your matching hair bow and t-shirt, you really did look like you were headed to sorority rush. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe...look back through the blog...it certainly is not same routine, different day. You all have done and accomplished so much these first several months. We all eat, get dressed & bathe everyday (at least, I hope we all do LOL.) But there's so much more too. I think you guys have had the most exciting journey...I couldn't have kept folks entertained with a blog when I had newborns. Cheers, John! Did he like the bubbly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was my pleasure to hang out in room 12 for 7 months!! I'm so glad you had the chance to bond with John and Virginia for as long as you did! They grow up much too quickly. ps...thanks for the "shout out" in the blog! I have arrived!

    ReplyDelete