Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

So it never occurred to me that we would make valentines for the kids at daycare. Then after a day or so, it occurred to me that I probably needed to get valentines from Virginia AND some from John. So I got Virginia these valentines with butterfly tattoos.

Then I got John these football valentines....that turn into little flick footballs....with goals. Kicked up. Pun intended.

Then somehow I ended up with goody bags. Ridiculous. How did I become that mother? I really want to stand strong that kids do NOT need goody bags when they come to our children's birthday parties. I wonder how long it will take me to cave. One party? None?




Grandma and Granddaddy came down to play. Joe and I went out to a lovely dinner on Saturday night....and then there was nothing like a Sunday morning trip to Costco to share our love.







Oops....maybe an infant should not have a balloon.

All of the festivities wore us out.

I am a firm believer that Valentine's Day is a daddy's holiday! Right, Paps?
Joe did a great job...got both babies a toy and a card. Too sweet!


And then we celebrated the Daytona 500 in our camouflage. Yowza.

8 comments:

  1. Allison, you were "that" mom even before you WERE a mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bottom picture of Joe & John is one of my favorites!!! I absolutely love your blog, Allison!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodie Bags...really! you don't even want birthday goodie bags but you did it for Valentines Day....XOXO
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley,
    $20 Allison makes goodies bags for the kids' first birthday! Right?

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey made eveyone tye dye shirts for her bday party instead of goody bags - she liked doing it so much she made them for everyone for Xmas - you should ask Tim and Lee-Ann to model them for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stand strong against goodie bags Allison!!! The whole process is out of control and truly, shouldn't the focus be on the children celebrating their own birthday? Not on those invited to help them celebrate? I managed to have a beautiful and fulfilling childhood without a SINGLE goodie bag:)))

    Cute pics, by the way!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  7. I giggle every time I read your blog. Yeah for Joe on getting a better camera, I so see the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allison, I think you may have even done goody bags in high school. Was there really a chance that John and Virginia wouldn't give goody bags for Valentine's Day?

    ReplyDelete