About 6:20...Joe tells me that it is really snowing. I think no way....I just checked! And it really was. A lot actually. We go downstairs and check email. Nothing. Sometimes our phone does not ring to tell us about closings up to 15 minutes after the emails. I held off changing the babies. There would be no way we would need to get them out of bed. It was pouring...over a layer of rain/ice. About 6:55...I really did need to get the babies changed. We got them ready and Joe headed out with them. I called him on the way and told him to turn around. There would be no way that we would have school. Still nothing. But we kept on trecking. It was bad....total ice over snow. We slid and saw a bagillion accidents....I get to school after 30 minutes of a normal 7 minute commute. I pull in and they decide to close school after we have technically already opened. Don't mind the teachers that had to get there, the buses that were dropping kids off, and the parents bringing their kids to school. BOO! Poor Joe had not even made it to daycare yet....so he turned around and made it home. What a mess! Next time, just give us a delay and see! :)
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
So....
maybe it was the wrong call for Henrico County this morning. After a fun girl's night last night in my neighborhood....I walked home in the rain. I checked the weather this morning at 5:30 a.m. and there was just rain. It was almost refreshing. Don't get me wrong....I super love snow and snow days. For years, we here of the prospect of snow and it comes or most likely does not. Now, all of a sudden this winter....they call for snow and we actually get it. And a lot of it. And now we are getting selfish with the snow. We are obsessed with it. So....by refreshing, I mean it is getting me back into the actual frame of mind that it might not snow and I really must go into work.
About 6:20...Joe tells me that it is really snowing. I think no way....I just checked! And it really was. A lot actually. We go downstairs and check email. Nothing. Sometimes our phone does not ring to tell us about closings up to 15 minutes after the emails. I held off changing the babies. There would be no way we would need to get them out of bed. It was pouring...over a layer of rain/ice. About 6:55...I really did need to get the babies changed. We got them ready and Joe headed out with them. I called him on the way and told him to turn around. There would be no way that we would have school. Still nothing. But we kept on trecking. It was bad....total ice over snow. We slid and saw a bagillion accidents....I get to school after 30 minutes of a normal 7 minute commute. I pull in and they decide to close school after we have technically already opened. Don't mind the teachers that had to get there, the buses that were dropping kids off, and the parents bringing their kids to school. BOO! Poor Joe had not even made it to daycare yet....so he turned around and made it home. What a mess! Next time, just give us a delay and see! :)
Thanks to some Christmas money and a little thing called a tax return....Joe bought himself a new camera. He desperately wanted one and I finally gave in. Although I am ridiculously cheap....he saved up and assures me he got the best deal.
Apparently it can do wild things....like turn a photo into a colorable picture!






About 6:20...Joe tells me that it is really snowing. I think no way....I just checked! And it really was. A lot actually. We go downstairs and check email. Nothing. Sometimes our phone does not ring to tell us about closings up to 15 minutes after the emails. I held off changing the babies. There would be no way we would need to get them out of bed. It was pouring...over a layer of rain/ice. About 6:55...I really did need to get the babies changed. We got them ready and Joe headed out with them. I called him on the way and told him to turn around. There would be no way that we would have school. Still nothing. But we kept on trecking. It was bad....total ice over snow. We slid and saw a bagillion accidents....I get to school after 30 minutes of a normal 7 minute commute. I pull in and they decide to close school after we have technically already opened. Don't mind the teachers that had to get there, the buses that were dropping kids off, and the parents bringing their kids to school. BOO! Poor Joe had not even made it to daycare yet....so he turned around and made it home. What a mess! Next time, just give us a delay and see! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good gravy, those kids are cute!!
ReplyDeleteThose EYELASHES! Honestly!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you all made it home safely! What a bizarre morning. Gotta say, the photos are great! Good call, Joe.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures and story. Love you all.
ReplyDeleteThis has been the perfect winter for you guys.
ReplyDeleteYou can stay home without losing leave and have so much fun with those cuties! Love the picture of John holding his own bottle. He's the man!
Carole