Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Guess Who....

Packed an entire van full of stuff and forgot a camera cord to download pictures???? Me! So I only have a few pics that we sent on my cell phone. Shame!! We made it here and everyone is having a great time. The weather has been wonderful but we hear the wind is on it's way!

The babies love their new sun tent! Thank goodness both babies love the beach. As my mother would say...they have no choice so they better like it! Agreed!



Joe just might win the husband of the year award. So...last year we missed several beach trips due to bedrest and early babies in the NICU. I cried every day but was looking forward to this trip daily since last summer. Every morning so far this week, Joe has kept the babies inside and let me get 2+ hours of uninterrupted sun and reading time in on the beach. We bring the babies down after lunch for the afternoon. They have napped on the beach every day and had a great time. We feel very lucky to have babies that can sleep anywhere. Thank you NICU for training them so well. It has been a lovely time for us to just be on the beach. Seriously....what good babies. Let's not kid each other, this body has seen more umbrella time than ever before...but it has gone ok! And in the late afternoon before dinner.....he has taken the babies up and let me get that last hour of beach time. What a man!


The babies in line waiting for Margaritaville...enjoying the live music! John even wore his Hawaiian shirt!

8 comments:

  1. Whew...I was going through withdrawal and worried that you weren't going to post pics during any of your beach or other excursions anymore. So glad it was just a technical snafu...and that you're fully-enjoying this long anticipated respite. OMG...just remembered having a dream last night about Kim J, you & I getting together. See, I really was going through withdrawals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison-- like Karen I was getting worried that I was going to have to wait until we got back to school to see pics of the babies on the beach. They look like they were made for the beach. Joe-- Wow!! You are da man!!!!
    Karen-- you'll have to fill me in on that dream-- yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures and note.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful, and Joe is really earning his Daddy wings!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries, Kim...it was a dream not a nightmare ;-). We got together for drinks at your place...a townhouse in Innsbrook...and can I just say you make delicious cookies and have a terrific green thumb with houseplants galore! I have no idea where any of this came from (but am looking forward to some of those cookies in real life!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couldn't you have run your memory card from your camera to the store & burned a CD so you could upload? Aren't your fans worth it? lol!

    Joe is definitely da man!! ;-0 So glad you ALL are having such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen Havens Gunn ( Joe's cousin)April 7, 2010 at 8:41 PM

    Are you in Myrtle Beach, SC? We just got back from there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you guys are enjoying the beach! (: Love the pictures...you need to take a picture of the boys that look like mine! HA! Joe is definitely getting some brownie points this week! Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete