Thursday, November 12, 2009

Drying Out

So this morning was something. It turns out it is raining outside. I knew this but I did not really know this until I tried to take two babies with me to VCU for some paperwork signing. We were ready! Blankets, umbrellas, etc with us. On the way there, I just kept telling myself that it would be ok. It is not that much rain. Maybe it is not raining this hard down at VCU....we do live in the FAR West End you know....

Well, it was. So the kids get in the stroller, I get in my poncho. Looking back, flip flops were probably the wrong choice. We get down to the bottom floor of the parking garage (thank goodness for that)...I have my hood on, glasses on, and proceed to ask someone where Oliver Hall is. I had an idea where it was but thought I should check. Then I hear a glorious word..."Allison???"....yay...someone knows me. Wait....who would know me? I am completely covered up with little glasses peeking out. It was my dear friend Stacey...whew! Help! First of all I knew she could lead me in the right direction because the only other time I have been to Oliver Hall was with her! Second...what perfect timing for me to run into her! Too funny! So we braced the hurricane outside. The low point was when I tried to cover the kids up with the umbrella. Dummy. Stacey led the way and we made it safe and wet! What a treat to see her and have the help! The pockets of water on the streets of VCU are unbelievable.

Wait....maybe the low point was when I was getting back in my car and someone rolled down their window to say, "Maam, are you leaving?" Wait? Maam?????? It must be the minivan. Good news...it erases my suspicions that people think I am just too young and driving around my parents minivan. Chalk it up to the two kids. Although on walks, the phrase "Are they yours?" has been uttered a time or two. Bonus that I look the same as I did in high school...well, at least in my face.

A 2nd round of Veteran's Day outfits! Oh the laundry!

Thank you Aunt Patty and Uncle Ken for babysitting!

We got dinner out and some Christmas shopping done!


Thank you Acheson and Sindelar families for dinner this week! What a treat!

P.S. Skaggs Family....we will miss you! Thanks for coming to play!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that last picture of John just breaks my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Meaghan...that boy has got his pout down real good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be fooled...John knows what he is doing. He's just trying to get an extra ounce in his bottle.

    ReplyDelete