So the babies have been sleeping from 9:30 p.m. to about 3:30 a.m. for 6 weeks now. It is time for a change. We have tried several methods to get them to go longer....they are eating enough and are big enough...so we moved on. The Dr. said it was ok to try...so we ate a few bites of rice cereal last night. It was hilarious and a lot of fun for us. We initially thought John would love it and be the better eater since he is the better bottle guzzler. But he was unsure of the spoon and thought it to be very bizarre. Virginia on the other hand who is our difficult spitter-upper....loved it! She smiled the whole time and cried for more.
I was actually not that sad about it because I want them to sleep longer and will do anything to make this happen. Coincidence or not, I did not feed the babies this morning until 6 a.m. WOOOOOHHOOOOOOO!! I am not saying that it will last but it happened one night...so that means it can happen again.
On a side note, I am wishing the babies to be on their best behavior tonight as their Mommy is going on a Girls Night Out and their Daddy is in charge of several feedings and bedtime.
P.S. Thank you Barth family again for a wonderful dinner!!!!!
Now that they are eating rice I see they have moved into the dinner room.
ReplyDeleteHow exciting, yet sad to realize how quickly things change. Enjoy yourself tonight and if guilt slips in at all remember the chant "U2 - NASCAR - "if he can do it, so can I...if I can do it, so can he!" Let's really hope the cereal helps tonight so you don't have to feed them when you get home at 3:30!!!
ReplyDeleteA total believer that all babies are different and need different things at different ages! Chris was on rice cereal at 2 months and Lew and Hank at 3 months!
ReplyDeleteSo glad they enjoyed and there was a little extra sleep! Enjoy your night out!
Hugs!
alfreda
Congrats on the cereal! That is a huge step! Neither of my kids would eat that stuff without some sort of veg or fruit mixed in, and who can blame them, that stuff does not taste that good!
ReplyDeleteYou may have tried this, but have you thought about putting the babies to bed earlier? I know it seems to be the opposite of what you would think, but when Austin wasn't sleeping through the night we started to put him to bed an hour earlier and that made all the difference. I can't really explain it, but I have other people tell me it worked for them, too. Just my 2 cents!
you gotta do whatcha gotta do! congrats on finding something that works!now, could you please have john and virginia call bea and tell her their secret? she only sleeps 1.5-2 hours at a time. all.night.long. every night. have a great night out!
ReplyDeletealso, don't you love your highchairs? we have the same style, different brand and love it. it blends in so much better and doesn't take up your entire dining room. plus ours converts to a booster later. i'm sure yours does, too.
Couldn't believe how BIG the kids are when I saw them today. Great lunch - happy birthday (early)!!!
ReplyDeleteMaybe the extra sleep was an early birthday present?
Hugs,
Ryan
Let's hope the sleep continues! Before you know it - they will be flinging it around the dining room at each other! Love the pics - they are getting so big! You are certainly doing something right. Love you, Happy Early Birthday! Mary
ReplyDeleteI think you should be able to give your baby cereal the night they come home from the hospital! I remember the first night my kids had cereal.... they slept all night; it was glorious! Then I thought I had been starving them for weeks before! You've hit another milestone guys!
ReplyDeleteDougie
They are so sweet! Ah! Happy babies!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteHope you are having a fantastic birthday!!!