Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Tree That Never Was....

We took the babies tree shopping yesterday. I did claim that they might be too young to go chop one down but Lowe's pulled through as always. Joe and I had different ideas about the tree that we wanted. And it became clear from the start.


The first goal: to actually attempt to get both babies into the truck. Joe tried it once with the seats but we never actually tried it with the real babies.

It was a tight success.


There were many tree choices for us this year. But the first one Joe picked up touched me in a special place. I just knew it was the one. We tried several trees and I could not agree on any of them. This is Joe going back to my dream tree for the 3rd time.

Joe is a pretty big guy. It took a lot of man to get this tree up. He refused. He "claims" it was an actual "oak" and that it would not fit in our home. It would have fit.

This is Tony. He was on my side for the whole oak incident. We agreed it would be pretty fabulous to own that tree. But eventually Tony tried to make me feel better by suggesting this tree. You can see his efforts with his thumbs up approach. It worked. We bought it.



The finished product. I like it but I still think the other tree would have fit.

Four stockings!!

John was watching the lights very seriously.


On a sad note, today is my last day at home. I go back to work tomorrow morning after being off for 7 months. I am pretty sad but know that I will be ok once I get back. I will keep up the blog....just not every day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I can't believe you already have your tree up!! I'm totally impressed.

    ReplyDelete