Monday, October 12, 2009

Hootenanny

We had a great time in Maryland visiting with Joe's family and going to the annual Hootenanny! Each year there is a prize for the family that brings the most people. Last year, I think we lost by one. So this year, we were sure to be the winners. I mean I did have two babies after all. When the awards were being announced, I could see the disappointment on Grandma's face when we lost....again! And we lost by a lot this year. How will we ever come out on top? I can assure you that this Koontz family will not be adding anymore to the mix by next year's Hootenanny!

Maya and Kendall loved meeting Virginia...another girl to play with!

Little Joe really loved John. Good thing...since Virginia is so loved by Carter...John is finally feeling some love....

Decked out in our finest for the Hootenanny!
Uncle Mike and Joe getting some baby time. And yes....you are seeing Joe clearly. He has on overalls. I tried mine on from college so we could all be in overalls as a family. But somehow since college, they shrunk. I tried to stretch them out (this was several years ago...so no stretch denim) and I tore off the butt pocket. Shame. So we are starting Weight Watchers as a family today. Yuck.

Kendall was in full Hootenanny gear.

Aunt Meaghan and Uncle Alain enjoying the babies.


Sorry vegetarians!


It got chilly!

The Koontz Clan rocking the square dancing.


9 comments:

  1. It was so great seeing you guys and your beautiful babies this weekend! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, I would have totally cheated with the prize if that other family hadn't had TWENTY ONE!! If it makes you feel any better, they volunteered to bring the keg next year since they always have so many - heehehehe! As for the furthest, we did have Chesapeake VA also, which is furthest? Really, the overalls were the perfect touch and next year I am coming up with some creative awards...like "Matriarch most DETERMINED to win" or "Classiest photograper" - you guys all know you are my favorite family, but I can't say that outloud on the mike, I'll have to disguise that "favorite family prize" with say....most spirited, yeah - most spirited! Don't worry, I won't disappoint :) You are a rock star with those babies, everyone was talking about the cuties. There was not enough hand sanitizer in the world for me to hold them after everything I touched that night, but I'll make up for it next time when they are older and heartier!! xoxox Cam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious - even us from the hills of Elliston don't have an event like this :) too funny. Sorry you guys didn't win the prize and you didn't get to wear your overalls as I know how much you loved them. Glad the kids are getting some out time. You and Joe are looking well rested - must be that new schedule. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I didn't know better, I would swear that Joe and baby John are from West Virginia. Not
    the citified part of it either. The "revenoozers" should be checking out your yard for a still.

    Everyone looked so cute. What a great family
    the Koontzes are.

    Hi Cami. So good to see a picture of you.

    Carole P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so Carole P. beat me to the West Virginia comment. But darn it, I'm proud! Yee buddy!

    Love the overalls...Joe included! And Allison, all I gotta say is you are looking way great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a lot of fun! It's not something we see up here in MA. I love the overalls picture of Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is way too funny...and it looks like a lot of fun! Next year the whole Koontz clan will have to have overalls :) The twins may even be doing a bit of their own linedancing by that time! I'll have to keep my eye open for toddler staw hats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK now i get why my FB comment seemed mean. It was not intentional, I promise! haha

    Looks like you had a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok - love the family pics and looks like it was a ton of fun! Can't wait to see you all again soon!

    Love you, M

    ReplyDelete