Sunday, October 4, 2009

It was a sad day....

After the poop on the couch incident, we got a bath and got packed up. The car was tight but we all got in safely and securely. We were on the road! We were making good time and pulled into Fredericksburg with time to spare. As we rounded the corner, I was feeling a little uneasy. I could see that Baja Fresh had removed it's outdoor seating. I was hoping Joe would still let us go in and eat lunch. (We are not really supposed to take them anywhere yet...) Ok, so they don't have outdoor seating. No big deal. Wait. Where is the sign? Why is it not on? Why are there no lights on? Why are there no people? Why is there a white piece of paper on the door? What does that say? "Baja Fresh has closed." What????? Joe looks at me in panic. What am I going to do? I could not even speak. We just start to drive around. What will we eat now? He starts to shout out suggestions for food. I did not even respond. Then it went something like this:

Joe: I need a little help here.
Allison: What?
Joe: I need you to talk to me.
Allison: It is too fresh. I can't talk about it yet. I am not ready.
Joe: No, I mean about what we are going to eat for lunch.
Allison: I can't even think about that.
Joe: (voice elevated) Ok, I have kids in the car. I need you to help me make a decision!
Allison: (pauses) What? This is SOOOOOO not about you. This is about me. Don't think you can be dramatic. This is my sad day. You need to recognize that. I am the one we need to focus on here.
Joe: Ok, you are right. Let's just take a deep breathe and think.

So we drove around for several more minutes and recovered. Well, I am not sure if I will ever recover. What is wrong with these people that we can't keep a Baja Fresh in business? I see people eating there in Us Weekly all of the time. Ugh.

We got to Ashley's right on time....with nothing to spare. We played all night and on Saturday! The babies did ok overnight. They appeared a little scared but did fine. We know that we cold never sleep with babies in our room. Yuck....it was like they knew we were there.

Poor Mike witnessed the pooh to couch incident.

Noodles and Company saved the day. Barely.

Carter said he might love Virginia a little bit more. Too funny!

John and Cooper playing together! They are 4 months apart.

Won't it be so fun when we are all on the move?

The boys in charge of the babies.

We were at the Joe Gibbs Country Fair! People came out in support...even with the current season.

We were pooped after the fair. A little stretching out time was necessary.

5 comments:

  1. You got a bow in her hair...YIPPEE!!! I'm glad you guys got away; and I'm sure you savored being back in your own home last night. Sorry to hear about Baja Fresh...I would have recommend a jaunt through Wegman's, but something tells me Joe wouldn't have gone for that. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I can't imagine how you survived without Baja. I know how you feel about that place. If you ever decide to come to Wheaton to visit, we have one that is open and ready for you!! Maybe next time you'll have to make your way all the way into Alexandria, I think there is a Baja there, still!
    And boy are you lucky that Joe understood what a tragedy it was about Baja....he is a smart man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on a successful car trip with two babies!

    now about baja:i completely feel your pain. several years ago i was introduced to the wonder that is the cinnabon. i quickly became obsessed and got my fill everytime we visited my brother-in-law and his wife in nc. then, one fateful visit, they took me to the mall to keep me happy and as we rounded the corner to face what should have been one of the last cinnabons standing, it was just a white wall!! it was as if it had never existed and i am not joking when i say that i felt weak in my knees and had to sit down. it was rough.
    i've never had noodle and co., but i am glad it was a fair substitution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Baja in Annapolis is still open!!! Dinner Friday night? Just you and Joe. We will keep John & Virginia.

    Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am laughing so hard right now, I am crying at my desk and may need to reapply my make-up. I just can imagine this whole coversation and it is cracking me up beyond belief. I have read it 5 times already and still can't stop laughing. Next time you are in town, we will hit the Baja in Clarendon before we move and then we will run home for me.

    Glad the trip went so well. Love you!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete