Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mother's Guilt

So I caused my child to bleed. Shame. Those fingernail clippers are deceptive...I was just biting their nails but they grow so quickly. I guessed I clipped too much. Enough to have to find a bandaid! Bummer!!

You can see the evidence on the little washcloth. Boo!

Although he does not look like it, he really loved the swing. Thanks Weideles!


Our new outfits...thanks Sandy! We love them!

That's right...it says "Does this diaper make my butt look big?"

BYOB!

8 comments:

  1. Oh God I'll never forget when I made Sophie bleed with the nail clippers. She was younger than Virginia and I felt AWFUL. I used to do it in the car seat so she couldn't move too much. To this day, Brian is terrified to use them....I am the sole nail clipper in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm scared of the clippers...I still make Mike do it!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the clippers...I made Isabella bleed too! It is so hard when they are so wiggly! These days Isabella only sits still for me to do one or two fingers at a time. Hard to remember from day to day which fingers have already been cut :) ha! You will be pro at the clipping before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try clipping those nails when they're asleep;-).

    Is she sucking on her hurt finger in that picture? Poor baby! Virginia, there is nothing that can make your tiny little butt look big at this point...enjoy that while you can!

    John looks like he could use a cold one...why's he crying? Did he find out that no one was coming to his party...not even his sister? Smart girl -- she needs her beauty sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did it twice in Owen's first two weeks of life. I now file my son'd nails. Shhh...don't tell anyone:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. let me get this straight - you were biting their nails?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used nail scissors from Babies R Us (I think Sassy is the brand). They look kinda like a butterflies. I liked those better, I felt like I had more control with those than the clippers. I used those until they were old enough to sit still (nearly 2 years).

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome, Koontzs! Hope you all have lots of fun swinging!! Love the outfits!

    ReplyDelete