Monday, January 4, 2010

Daycare Day 1

Well we made it. I woke the babies up and literally cried all over them as I was changing their clothes. They both started crying like they did not want to go. But we pressed on through tears and denial while Joe packed them up and took them. It was ridiculously sad. I called about 10:30 and they said all was well. So I did not call again....I figure I have years for them to get to see my freak side...I did not want to bring it all on the first day.

I left school as soon as possible and headed over. John saw me and smiled and moved his legs! Too sweet! Virginia was sleeping so I did not have quite the same reaction. All of a sudden, I was circled in by the other kids. It was like we were celebrities. They had a lot of questions...but mainly....

"Are they going home?"

"Why are you taking them from us?"

"Will they ever be back?"

"Don't go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And one little girl was so upset...that even after I assured her several times that the babies would in fact be back tomorrow....she wailed. And had to be physically removed from the room to be calmed down somewhere else. Hysterical.

We came home and loved on each other. And then the realization that we have to do it all again tomorrow set in............





Our first day of school picture!!!


John did NOT want to leave his Mommy or his home!!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making it through day 1! It only gets easier each time you take them. Sadly, it becomes easier for them way before it becomes easier for you. ha! I am sure the babies will come to love their "school" very soon. Sometimes Isabella requests that I go get "miss maria" (her teacher) when she is mad and doesn't want to play with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 1 is the hardest. Well, probably week 1. Hang in there. Before you know it, they'll be jumping out of the car to get to their friends (Sophie already does).

    ReplyDelete
  3. it must have made you feel like a million bucks when john kicked and smiled for you :O) how sweet that all of the other kiddos are so in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told Maya how the other kids love Virginia and John and she said awww they're so lucky! I wish I got to see them every day like those kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It WILL get easier, Allison. I'm proud of you for making it through the day! The first time I brought Kayla to daycare, Pierce had to leave work to come home and console me the rest of the day...I never made it to work that day. But as the babies continue to thrive, it will get easier and you'll appreciate the relief knowing you can concentrate on your career while John & Virginia are cared for by loving people. Enjoy those evening reunions!!! Karen

    ReplyDelete