So the other night....we hear John crying. This is not unusual by any means. He can be a touch needy at times. Joe goes in and puts his pacifier back in. Several minutes pass. The crying starts again. I am like...leave him. He will be fine. Then he starts wailing. Fine. You win. I get up. I go in and put his pacifier back in. But wait. He has moved up the crib. I move him back. Crap. I feel something wet. Really. It occurs to me that maybe, just maybe, he may have peed out of his diaper. I wait. I think a minute. I get a blanket out. Won't he be ok if I just slide this blanket under him? How bad can it be really? Hmm....parent of the year award. Alright, you win. Again. I pick him up and take him over to the changing table. Turns out it was poop too. I guess it was the right decision to move away from the blanket. But wait. The sheets. Ugh....why am I in here by myself? I force Joe out of bed to change the sheets. It was a wonderful bonding time for us. Ha. And then I realized it was only midnight. It had to be later than that.
After the sheets were on, the baby was dry, and I was back in bed....a flash of a face comes over my mind. Megan. Why did I not listen to her? Megan told me about a glorious invention. But I found out after we already had our sheets. I am reconsidering as we speak.
The sheet zips into a base. You literally just unzip and go. Totally out of my current belief system on prices I will pay for kid things. But this is a win win. Everytime you unzip that zipper....I can feel myself earning that money back. So if you need a gift for an expectant mom....tell her to take her sheets back to Babies R'Us and buy these for her! After another late night, I just may treat myself.
On another note.....
Lesson #6582 Learned: Do not give a little one Baby Orajel before you expect them to drink a full bottle. Turns out...it does actually numb the mouth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
www.cloudsandstars.com
LOL! I feel so honored to have been mentioned -- and told I am right for ONCE in my life! Like I said, they are pricey but worth EVERY DIME at midnight! (BTW, I am about to upgrade Michael to the twin size of these. Would you be interested in procuring two bases and four tops, well loved, for a great price??)
ReplyDeleteSeriously, I am CRACKING up at the thought of you cursing me at midnight ....