Monday, September 21, 2009

DVR Devastation

We had an incident. The DVR broke. Now we have not been quite on the ball watching our shows...so there was some footage on there. Not to mention that this IS premier week. Ugh. So we called Verizon twice. They assured Joe it could be resolved. Then it came out that we were going to loose all of our DVR recordings. Ok. Calm down. Breathe. We would get a new box on Wednesday. Can I survive until then? Ok. Go to the DVR. Prioritize. Sure we can watch a bagillion shows before we need to hook the new box up on Wednesday. I clicked on the DVR button and surprise it did not work. Broken. Can't watch any shows. Breathe. Get a drink. Try it again. No luck. Call 1-800-VERIZON. Stay on hold for 43 minutes.

Jeff from NY answers. I can already tell this is not going to go my way. I ask Jeff to let me see what I have recorded and what I have planned to record so I can make some notes and try to find things on the internet. Jeff was not having it. He kindly let me know, "Maam...I can't stay on the line while you write down your shows." Then I politely reminded him that the message I heard for 43 minutes said that Verizon would do their best to solve my problems and "this is a SERIOUS problem".

Finally he let me write the shows down but he was not happy about it and got off pretty quickly after that. So...we have no shows. No taping tonight or tomorrow. When he reminded me that he overnighted a new box...I reminded him that overnight actually means OVERNIGHT and Wednesday was NOT overnight. So just stop calling it that. Seriously. The highlight for Joe was when I said, "I don't know how important tv is to you since you work for Verizon...but it is pretty important to the rest of us...." The low point for me was when I asked "Are you just being mean to me because you feel like I am being mean to you?"

Oh yeah and bonus....both kids cried the entire time I was on with Jeff. Super. It earned no bonus points with him. Clearly.

We found tvdome.net. We will see what it can do.

Score: Virginia 0 Virginia's Fingernails 1

Some serious play time!!






6 comments:

  1. Leaving Starbucks today, I stopped to talk to a couple with two beautiful little twin girls about 3 and a darling little white Maltese. A real cuteness trifecta. The little girls were premature and are now in the upper percentage for height!!

    The Koontz kids just get cuter and cuter. Guess Virginia needs her first mani.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - so the "low points" in your story just made me laugh so hard at work. I can't even tell you how funny this is - really - you are more funny that Joe in text.

    Good luck getting your new box tomorrow! (and yes, that just sounds wrong)
    Love you,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison,

    You totally crack me up! I love it! :o) The little ones are just growing like weeds! It is truly amazing how that happens! (and sad too!) Before you know it, they'll be riding to school with you! Ahhhh!

    Hugs for the babes!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! That would totally be me! Wait, that has been me before on numerous other things.....cable, phone....pretty much anyone. I won't be beaten down! =) Hope you get to watch all the shows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously - I have tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard. Your stories are so great, I can just picture you telling them like you are in front of me :) Never let anyone stand between you and your DVR. I seriously couldn't live without mine.

    The babies looks adorable on their playmat! All smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your babies are more and more loveable and your stories just keep getting better and better. Good for you for saying to Verizon what we all think! You are my new customer service hero.

    ReplyDelete