Tuesday, September 1, 2009

How many degrees does it take...

to put two car seats in a stroller? I was on bed rest when we received all of these wonderful gifts...so I never really got to see them. Joe is someone who just looks at something and is done with it. I am clearly someone who gets the directions out and reads the manual just so I know all of the parts and pieces! I put the manuals away and never read them. So yesterday....when we tried to put the kids in the stroller to take a walk...well...

Mom and I thought...how hard could this be? Between us, we have 5 degrees...and one of us is a Doctor. We put the kids in the car seats and put the car seats in the stroller. We looked at it for a while and found the strap to tighten it in. And off we went....down our ridiculously steep driveway. We stopped to take a picture and were on our way. Then we started thinking...maybe this should lock in some way. And maybe the kids should be facing me. And maybe we are a little bit happy that Joe is not here to see this. So we reevaluated...and discovered we really never had the seats in the stroller. Yikes. At least we made it down the driveway ok...this time. But now we know that car seats should actually lock into a stroller. Wow.

This was the first attempt. Don't fuss Joe!

And then the 2nd...oh yeah..and I forgot that it poured down rain on us about halfway into the walk!

It was actually chilly yesterday morning. Good thing we had these cute hats!


4 comments:

  1. It is why they make directions. Don't fell bad. I on the other hand who only have two degrees tried to put the liner in a hard hat without reading the directions.....some results.

    Gland my grandchildern had a chance to go outside.

    Love
    Granddad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. It happens to the best of us. I found out that I had Brian's infant seat installed incorrectly with the LATCH system which is supposed to be foolproof. I remember thinking how hard could this be as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was only the first of many "Oh, that's how it was supposed to be done". No worries...we have all been there:) I give you an A for effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I knew how to put the seat in the stroller, but putting the stroller up was another story.....the push, hold, pull, flip maneuver was one that was practiced over and over...=) and I still have fights with the pack and play!!!

    ReplyDelete