So the point is...we took the kids to their first Crab Fest and concert! All in one day! We went to our neighborhood crab party! Joe got his first and last crabs of the summer...don't tell anyone from Maryland that he ate them in Virginia...and Richmond no less. And the kids heard their first Jimmy Buffett cover band!!!!!!!!!
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Got Crabs?
Insert joke here. I don't know how many of you know that Joe is from Maryland...and apparently they do crabs there. I had NO idea when we started dating. I mean really...no idea. I was judged initially on a crab scale...not if I was nice or got along with everyone. But it was based on crabs. I had NEVER picked crabs before. At Red Lobster...they always had them nice and prepared. I guess I earned points because I ate crabs like his granny...with butter and crackers. Little did they know that I ate it that way so it would seem more filling. But if it earned me points, I was taking it! These days I just sit near people who share...thanks Granddaddy...and hope for sides. The first time I went with Joe's family to a seafood restaurant, I got a club sandwhich. I have never been able to recover. Shame...
So the point is...we took the kids to their first Crab Fest and concert! All in one day! We went to our neighborhood crab party! Joe got his first and last crabs of the summer...don't tell anyone from Maryland that he ate them in Virginia...and Richmond no less. And the kids heard their first Jimmy Buffett cover band!!!!!!!!!




So the point is...we took the kids to their first Crab Fest and concert! All in one day! We went to our neighborhood crab party! Joe got his first and last crabs of the summer...don't tell anyone from Maryland that he ate them in Virginia...and Richmond no less. And the kids heard their first Jimmy Buffett cover band!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The original Eileen Koontz would have had fun today. I think the kids are a little young for Old Bay, but maybe next year!
ReplyDelete-Dad
Loving the stroller with the hand sanitizer in one cup holder! Good to see you all out having fun!!
ReplyDeleteChris :-)
What a big, exciting day for the Koontz family! The babies look terrific in their cool duds AND with sunlight. Joe looks pretty darned happy too! I see Virginia's still sticking that tongue of hers out -- too cute! So glad you got out and enjoyed the day! Karen
ReplyDeleteLooks like the Koontz family had a FANTASTIC day! I hope it is the first of many wonderful family outings :)
ReplyDeleteVirgina also has great crabs. I always love Allison next to me at a crab feast because she will eat them if I pick them. Allison is a great sport.
ReplyDeleteVirgina and John ARE a little young for Old Bay....next year at the beach may be a different story.
We had a ball yesterday - so glad we could meet up. Too bad that I missed Southern Cross.
ReplyDelete