Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Finally

Well it happened. For the first time since we have been home from the hospital. We could not have been more thrilled. John pooped on his own! Sans the rectal thermometer and suppository. What a day!

On another note...we somehow ended up at Brusters again Monday. I think we are making excuses to take the kids out in the stroller when we are really just trying to go to get ice cream. When I realized what day it actually was...and I only realized it when we passed Home Team Grill with the sign saying "Closed for Labor Day"...I had actual fear in my body and I am sure on my face that Brusters could be closed. I was looking ahead thinking can I see it? Are there lights on? Why is nobody in line? We passed the Food Lion parking lot where it seemed as though hundreds of people were coming out and going in...all blocking me from getting to see the ultimate destiny of the trip. Could it be? Was it closed? And then...the crowds parted and I saw a delicious sign. Open. Whew. I guess I probably need to stop eating ice cream. I will have to wear pants with zippers again. Sometime.

They were loving on each other...and we did not even set that up.

5 comments:

  1. Embrace your non-zippered pants - eat on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Grandmother Koontz holding those beautiful childern?

    I think you like Brusters because you get two free ice creams for the kids.

    How about a blog posting on the childern's new wash your hands signs.

    Miss you all

    Grandday Koontz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I have somehow allowed myself to creep back up to the stretchy pants, I do know that nothing tastes as good as zippy pants feel when they fit. Not even a Skinny Cow chocolate truffle ice cream bar for only 100 calories. (It's only 100 if you just eat one.) You look great by the way and so does Grandma Koontz. You guys have fun.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pants with zippers are over-rated. We all love the cotton pull on pants anyway so have another cone and enjoy! You gained like 0 pounds while preggos with TWINS!

    I can't wait to get Brusters when I get down there....they might put crack in it... that could be the real problem of why you can't stop.

    Love you - the kids look awesome. They are already BFFs and I love that.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. As the only woman in history to GAIN weight while nursing, let me tell you that I blame Bruster's. Entirely.

    Moreover, I believe there is a secret ingredient in their ice cream. Like methamphetamines. Or crack.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete