We have two baby issues: spit up and pooping. Aren't those great issues to have? I mean being 10 weeks early, we could have thousands of others things wrong...but this is it! They are like normal babies. When I was telling the Dr. about her spit up...he asked how much, etc. And right on cue, she spit up for him to see. What a pleaser she is. We discussed John's pooping. He politely told us that John is literally uptight. His butt is too tight! Yikes! So to remedy that...he wants us to stick a pinky finger up there each day to massage it out. He looked at me and suggested that I trim my fingernail to be a little easier on his hole...and I shouted out without even thinking, "You are crazy. This is the best my nails have ever looked! " So I guess it was established at that moment that Joe would be the butt massager. I guess there are things I won't do for my kids. Joe will take one for the team this time...daily for seven days.
Who can spot the retired teacher? You know what they say about teacher's and preacher's kids...right...well not these kids. They are not going to be wild in school. They are not going to rebel. They are not going to have over anal parents that are teachers and all up in their business. We are already working on our story time skills.
Score... Babies: 1 Teacher's kids stereotype: 0
Score... Babies: 1 Teacher's kids stereotype: 0
GO TEAM!
ReplyDeleteGREAT REPORT ON THE BABIES.
You always make my day! LOL!!
ReplyDeleteNone of my business, but isn't Joe's pinky about twice the size of yours? Ow-ch!
ReplyDeleteOh....my....God...you are hysterical! Literally laughing out loud over here. Yes, pre-natal vitamins do wonders for nail & hair growth, don't they? But Joe's finger has got to be SO MUCH bigger than yours.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to hear how much they weigh -- wow! No wonder they seem to look different every time you post pictures...they're growing like weeds.
Two months tomorrow...Happy Birthday little ones!
yay for big babies!!
ReplyDeleteabout the spit up-bea is a huge spitter and until i cut dairy out of my diet (that's right-no bruster's, no maggie moo's, no mexican that's worth eating, etc.) she was having such a hard time keeping her food down. she wasn't unhappy, but was a mess all of the time and i always felt like she wasn't full. anyways, now i can give her tummy time without feeling like a terrible mama :O)
poor john. i hear ya on the nails. i had to cut mine waaaay down right after bea was born because i accidentally scratched her. she didn't notice, but i felt awful.
good luck with the massage!
This is just making me laugh - your reaction to the butt massaging is just so funny to me. Poor John since Joe's pinky is probably the size of your thumb, but still....hopefully it is only a 7 day stint.
ReplyDeleteHappy 2 month old birthday little ones! I can't believe how big they are already. They will be bigger than Maddie soon!
Love you!
Mary