Monday, August 31, 2009

Butt Drama

Poor John. I guess it is not his fault. According to the on-call nurse, it could be my fault. I need to drink more water. After 4 ky jelly thermometer trips in the rear, this kid would not poop. We had to call and get some advice. The advice was a suppository. Or pear juice. Really pear juice? Who sells pear juice? If you ask Joe, he will tell you that the greater Short Pump area contains no pear juice. So we went with the suppository. Joe came back with three choices. After a long debate and visual comparison, we agreed on one. Then Joe decided we needed to cut it in half. In his defense, it did look quite large to go in such a small hole. We read the directions, talked about it, and then all of a sudden without hesitation...my mom took it and shoved it in. I guess that is what mothers just do. But not this one...I mean, why do it when your own mother is here and is willing to do it. Maybe John will associate the suppository experience with her and not me. Needless to say, it worked. Several times.



6 comments:

  1. He will never remember who did it. All John realy cared about is getting the poop out, ebeing feed by someone who loves him, sleeping, and his sister next to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the middle picture of John smiling so brightly after the big moment? Woo-hoo John! But what does you drinking more water have to do with him pooping? I thought you were feeding them the million dollar formula; are you pumping and/or nursing?

    I hope your day is going well. I'm sure Joe is counting down the minutes until quitting time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Granny B :) We love our Mom's because they do things without hesitation :) where as we sit and analyze all outcomes. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a funny story! I love it and it made me laugh out loud! I could totally imagine you and Joe having this in depth discussion about what to do and how to do it and then your Mom just getting the job done! Way to go Mrs. McCrary! :o)

    Surely, John feels so much better now! Whew!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do have pear juice in the little 4 packs of gerber juice. Usually it comes with an apple, grape and pear. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes,I concur about the pear juice location....usually on the bottom shelf where formula and baby food is found at the store. They come in 4 ounce bottles.

    ReplyDelete