What a day! Whew....where to begin??? When we got to the PCN today, I walked in and realized a baby was missing. Yikes! The Dr. came quick to reassure me that everything was ok but they were getting some tests done! I guess if you are planning to leave on a Monday...a lot needs to get done on a Friday! Both kids had an MRI, Echo cardiogram, hearing test, and poor John...got circumcised. It was a lot...maybe more for me than for them. And then I even had my follow up appointment with the OB. I really think after all of these months, he may actually start to miss us. He did mention that Joe may have to start coming to my annual appointments...just to visit!
Even with all of that, the babies did great on their feedings. So great...that we came in to find two babies without anything on their faces. It was a site that neither of us had ever seen before, except on ultrasound. Rest in Peace feeding tube...you will not be missed. As of last night, John weighed 4 lbs. 13.2 oz. and Virginia weighed 4 lbs. 13. 5 oz. Yes...you read that right. She is an eater. After weighing in at only 2 lbs. 11 oz. a few weeks ago....she has now passed her brother. I hope I don't start to weigh more than Joe.
The plan for tomorrow is to do the car seat test and room in with the babies. We will be there for 3 feedings without the nurses as a trial!!! I am not sure when I will be able to post tomorrow...if at all...so just giving you a heads up!!!

The first pictures of them both without any tubes on their faces. Sigh.

We feel overwhelmed with love for these two precious babies.

This is a view of what we do each day. Thank goodness we don't have to bring those ridiculously HOT yellow gowns home.

Suddenly we have two babies with some cheeks!


Big day for this little guy...I bet he is pooped.
Wow...such exciting news! Just wait until you see them in the car seats...they seem so big until you put them in. We had to roll up blankets to tuck E&H in the seats for a few weeks. Enjoy your last night of sleep :) Can't wait to read your "home" posts soon!
ReplyDeleteHugs to all-
:) Summer
Wow! Suddenly things are moving so fast! I am so happy for you all. It has been a long road... now look at you!!! The goal is in sight!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed with their cheeks. They are a sight for sore eyes. So very cute.
I guess I can understand if you don't post tomorrow. It will be a big day for all you you guys.
Yes-- enjoy your last night of sleep. This will certainly be a thing of the past... but in your case... a welcomed thing of the past!
Hooooray for the Koontz family!
Love, Kim
That is awesome news!!! Don't stress about the posts from home. We'll all be happy to read about them again when they're a few months old! I'm so happy for both of you! God Bless:-)
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
April
soooo exciting-------have a wonderful, busy, exciting, fun, emotional weekend!
ReplyDeletejanet
Their little faces look even more beautiful now! What wonderful news!! Hope everything goes well this weekend -- I'm sure it will be a little hectic, but worth it!
ReplyDeleteI remember putting Jack into his going home outfit (he was 7+ lbs) and putting him into the car seat -- he was swimming in both!!
Chris :-)
Great news & progress! Amy
ReplyDeleteYay! What wonderful things have been happening your way! Tests are GOOD...sounds like you guys are half way out the door already! :o)
ReplyDeleteI will anxiously await more good news!
Yes, their cheeks are adorable. :o) Go Virginia for passing your brother! :o)
They both look so great. Congratulations on getting to bring them home. The fun is just beginning!
ReplyDeleteHi Allison - hope you don't mind me peeking at your blog. I saw your link on Amanda A.'s facebook page and just had to look. Amanda and I became "facebook" friends through a mutual friend while she was pregnant.
ReplyDeleteI have 14 month old twin boys who were born early and spent weeks in the NICU as it appears you guys have. You look like you have a wonderful family and talking from experience it only gets better from here!! I can't imagine life with just "one baby"!
Best of luck and if you don't mind I would like to peek in on your all every once in a while to see how you all are doing. If you ever need a "twin" mom to talk to please feel free just to email me!
Best of luck with bringing the babies home!!
Kelly Allis - Greenville, NC - allis1227@suddenlink.net
"We feel overwhelmed with love for these two precious babies." ~ Isn't it just the most amazing feeling ever?
ReplyDeleteWe miss you all. John & Virginia are looking great. See you all soon.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Dad