As of this afternoon, John weighs in at 4 lbs. 12 oz. and Virginia is 4 lbs. 11 oz.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Major Meltdown
After 32 days of NICU/PCN time, I think I lost it. First, the babies did great with their 6 full bottles a day. We even got to use our own bottles/nipples today to try it out. If it continues to go well through the night, we may move to all bottles tomorrow. After we heard this I got really excited...since the conversations had been that we would have them on full bottles for 2 or 3 days and then home! A bit later they said they were taking the kids off caffeine. Yes, I know...I spent 8 months without diet coke and they are literally giving it to them in their food. (They get it to keep them more alert and to work on breathing regularly.) Then....the nurse said that they like to monitor them for 5 days. WHAT??????????? 5 days?????? In PCN time, 2 more days is WAY longer than the average 2 days. So the tears started to come and did not stop for about an hour. Shame. Apparently, it was so bad that the news started to travel. Two hours after this "incident" Joe and I saw one the nurses out at dinner. She asked how my day went and I told her that I had a rough day and she said, "Yeah, I already heard..." Wow. She did not even work today. :( So we went back tonight for me to redeem myself and actually hold a baby without literally soaking their whole head with my tears.
As of this afternoon, John weighs in at 4 lbs. 12 oz. and Virginia is 4 lbs. 11 oz.


As of this afternoon, John weighs in at 4 lbs. 12 oz. and Virginia is 4 lbs. 11 oz.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The goal is in sight!
ReplyDeleteI Love You..........
DAD
You will be snuggling those babies at home soon . . . never soon enough, but soon! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteChris :-)
I can not get over how much they are filling out! They look so good! And, as for your little self-proclaimed "melt-down", well, all I can say is that you have handled this tough situation WAY BETTER than I could ever have done and you totally deserve to get weepy every now and then. Sweet Virginia and John will be home before you know it...although not soon enough, I know! Hang in there and know that you are the best Mom they could ever ask for! You're incredible! :o)
ReplyDeleteSmile girl! You are almost there. You are so much stronger than you even realize. John and Virginia are doing great and all four of you will be home together very soon....you're almost there. {{HUGS}} :-)
ReplyDeleteDon't underestimate the power of the hormones! Your reaction was VERY normal...you just want your babies home! This is but a small bump in the road...stay strong:-)
ReplyDeleteApril
Allison, you have been so strong throughout this whole journey! To shed a few tears (or an hour's worth) is to be expected...just don't forget to give yourself some credit for all that you and Joe have been though. Those incredible babies will be home before you know it - probably drinking you out of house and home :)
ReplyDeletebig nookie little baby
ReplyDeletecant wait til they come home
cant wait to see them
emma skaggs