Friday, August 21, 2009

Tired

So shockingly, we are not as tired now that they are home. Is that weird? I think the driving back and forth several times a day coupled with the emotional stress of leaving our babies each time...was more exhausting than the actual getting up with them in the middle of the night part. Now, I say that as we are both home and not working right now. But when Joe goes back to school it will be something else. As most of you know, I am someone who keeps score with her husband. I like for it all to be even and fair. It might not be my best trait but Joe knew exactly who I was when he asked me to marry him. I think when he goes back to work, I will realize how much he is/was doing. Luckily, I have another week of him home.

We are doing ok! They are on the same eating schedule as in the hospital so we are feeding them overnight at 11, 2, and 5. And yes, I consider 11 p.m. as overnight. We are both getting up with them at this point to make sure they are eating, etc. With them, it can be exhausting to get both of them to eat. I have not napped yet but imagine I will hit the sleep wall soon!

The Dr. went great! The low point was when my car did not start as we were prepping them to go and Joe was meeting me there. It eventually started during my panicked call to the office to let them know I would be late. If that is not a sign that we need a van...or maybe the sign was when my Dad and I had a difficult time both fitting in our car. The high point was when the Dr. looked down at my newly purchased "Doctor notebook" and saw my list of questions and suggested we move to his office. He can clearly tell that I am going to be something. He already knows my kind. The obvious low point would have been when he called me "compulsive" but all I heard was "organized"...took it as a compliment and we moved on. That Dr. Terry...hope he knows what he is getting into.

John weighed in at 5 lbs. 9 oz. and Virginia at 5 lbs. 7 oz.



Trying to motor...he will be crawling in no time. Ha.


9 comments:

  1. So darling! I love the baby grunting sounds and the crying. It is hard to believe now, but you will miss this in a few years. They are so strong and they are getting so big. I know your mom and dad are just on cloud 9! Way to go everyone!!!
    Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about Dr. Terry... all those guys are great and have SEEN and HEARD it all! Dr. Overton, now retired, used to pat me on the back and say everything was fine, not to worry..... made me furious!
    Love the videos,
    Dougie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the video of John pawing at his sister! Too funny! This will be my third time around and I am just as anal as the first two times. I see nothing wrong with it:) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the baby coos!!!!! And so glad the doctor's appointment went well, once you got ol' bessie's engine to turn over. Looks like they'll be playing cat & dog with their weight...he weighs more now, but does it count when it's just 2 oz?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! John and Virginia are doing great with their weight. They should hang with me because I know how to gain 5 lbs in only a weekend. Once school starts I could show them the art of stress eating.That really packs on the pounds.You might want to start seriously thinking about that van. I never thought I would be driving a mini van, but I tell you, the sliding doors make it so much easier to get the kids in and out in my opinion. Keep up the great work! John and Virginia are gorgeous!
    Love,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear that things are going well. I can't believe how much weight they have gained. I love the videos--what a little cry John has--so sweet. Enjoy every minute! Love to you all,
    Amy A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously beautiful baby coos :) Glad to hear the pediatrician went well - the visits will get easier soon...as in by their 2nd bday! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our cat has a bright green sticker on her chart that says "will bite." Michael said they had one for me too and it sounds like they may be adding one to your chart as well! Nothing wrong with making sure the dr. doesn't miss a single thing. You worked too hard to get these babies here! Love Aunt Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see all is going well! Austin goes to Dr. Terry also...nice to hear I'm not the only "organized" new mom he sees! Hang in there with the sleep, it does get better.

    ReplyDelete