Monday, August 17, 2009

Release...

I can't believe I am sitting on my couch with 2 babies in my home. What a day! It was surprisingly not dramatic at all...they let me know both babies had been discharged as soon as I walked in the door. Thank goodness! We signed the papers and got them dressed in outfits that were maybe slightly too big...and left! The ride home was very easy even though Joe was a mess... I am pretty sure running the car with the doors open will not cause them to have carbon monoxide overdose. We fed them, called the pediatrician to set up our appointment...and now we don't really know what to do with ourselves!

My favorite conversation of the day so far....
Allison: Are you ok?
Joe: I am just nervous.
Allison: That we won't get to take them home today?
Joe: No, that we do...

This was right after I told her that we were going home...



So cute...and so tiny. But they are big to us!


Their first taste of fresh air. Ever.

It is a tight fit. I hope a mini van is not in our future but the old Accord is struggling to fit us all. We would accept a van donation at any time.

We don't know how this got there. He is Joe's son...

At peace...at home.

14 comments:

  1. Alleluia! Now the fun begins! Enjoy...and relax, Joe...you're a natural and have had weeks of training many parents don't get.

    "we don't really know what to do with ourselves!" SLEEP! It WILL be a precious commodity come 3am the next few nights.

    I love how they're holding their hands similarly and looking the same direction...I can't wait to hear about all of their "twinisms" over time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFULL!!!!!!!!! You two did such good work to get John & Virginia home. I am proud of you both.

    Love,

    Granddad Koontz

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome...hopefully now you all can be at peace--for as long as that lasts with 2! :)

    Love you both lots...yippee!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. WooooHoooo! They are just too adorable or is it two adorable? When my cat had kittens I could not leave home in the morning and was always late for school because they were just sooo cute. Just a warning. For Joe, of course, because you get to stay home with them. Can he come home for lunch?
    Congratulations on everything.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you guys!!! This truely is a remarkable day for the Koontz family. You all have been through so much to get little John and Virginia home. Congrats and enjoy it. Oh and by the way hope you have enjoyed your sleep because now it is over :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how wonderful! I was out of town this weekend and so glad to hear the great news today. the babies are beautiful. let me know if there is anything i can do, because i'm just around the corner.

    cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fresh air pic is great! Yay that it's warm out and they can spend time outside (if Mommy is up for it...).

    Here's to snuggling those babies on the couch - just the four of you! :)

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhhh... where's the tissues? Happy tears! And after you put this through to the publisher, can I get an autographed copy? I'm talking about John and Virginia's autograph...a foot print, a finger print, I'm not picky. :-)

    So, so, so, happy for y'all! Woo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yip yip yippeeeeeeee!!!! This day was a long time coming, but you made it!! Have fun staring at them 24/7. Give them both a little kiss on the back of their neck for me (that's the sweetest place). Enjoy each minute. It all passes so fast.
    Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh allison!! i am so happy for you and joe :O)your house is now a home :O) enjoy every single delicious moment!! and good for you for protecting those sweet babes. you're the mama bear and don't ever feel bad sticking up for them! you asked for advice in your header, so here it is: don't feel obligated to have a lot of visitors. give your new family time to just be. friends (family is a different matter, of course!) can visit anytime, but you don't get those first few weeks back, so soak up every bit of it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, welcome home babies! That is fantastic news! No more trips to the hospital...whoo hoo! Enjoy being home as a family of 4! SLEEP whenever you can...that is the BEST advice anyone can give you! If you are not taking care of yourself, it's hard to take care of little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah! I'm so glad they're finally home! I bet that was a bit nerve racking...but you're probably in the groove already! :o) I can't wait to see more pics "from home!"

    Let the real fun begin! Enjoy your babies tonight! Hope they sleep good for you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! We are so happy and excited for all four of you. Rest when you can and take care of yourselves too! Remember there is no right or wrong, do your best and that is all that is expected. Can't wait for the day I get to meet these beautiful angels.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Allison and Joe, Congratulations on Virginia and John! I have been thinking of you all and just came across your blog. They are absolutely adorable and I am so happy to hear that everyone is home! Maggie Finke

    ReplyDelete