I am starting to realize that Joe won't be here all day forever. Next Monday, he is returning to work. Yikes! Thank goodness we have some help lined up!
We had success with the alarm clock wakings last night. Whew! Turns out we have light poopers right now. After several days and a call to the Dr., a little KY Jelly and a thermometer did the trick.
Not much else is happening...my goal is to get them out in the stroller this week.

Joe has earned a little reputation as being the "Swaddle Police"...he is very serious about it and often reswaddles someone else's swaddle to make it better. He is very nice about it but he clearly sees when a job is not up to his standards. I, on the other hand, like for them to be free and break them from their swaddle confinement frequently. This is an example of Joe's swaddling....so serious that her feet can't even touch the bed.

This is an example of mine.

Carter reading a book to Virginia and Cooper.
P.S. Cooper's diapers looked like Depends compared to ours....but we are in Newborn at least!

And yes, we are calling that a double chin on her...
I am still staring at Carter and thinking, how did he end up so much like Ashley? That is nuts! He is adorable and huge!
ReplyDeleteI love the swaddling examples too! Maddie liked the feet don't touch the bed style... although that is what I kept telling myself since I did it that way like Joe. Josh would always open her up and let her run free too.... I still think she liked mine better! :)
They are just too cute. Hey and look on the bright side... at least she has a chin! Love you!
Mary
I told you the jelly and thermometer would do the trick! When that DOES NOT work you know you have an issue....
ReplyDeleteHad a good weekend.
XO to you all
Ashley
I'm glad to see that everyone is doing so well! You'll probably have plenty more of those jelly & thermometer days...then when they get bigger you can just slip a little Karo syrup in their bottle.
ReplyDeletePlease let us know if you need anything! Kayla is at Grandma & Ginger's today and they asked how you guys were doing. They can't wait to "get" the babies:)
Talk to you soon...we have your "back to school survival kit" ready...even though you aren't going back to school for awhile!
Christy
I love the pictures . . . they are getting so big already!!
ReplyDeleteTake good care and keep swaddling, Joe!!
Chris :-)
Swaddle is one of the 5 S's of my bible: Happiest Baby on the Block. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad it's going well. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!
Hugs,
Ryan
I used to call Joe the "master swaddler". He was 100 times better at it than I was. His swaddles would last for an hour and mine a few seconds :) Isabella enjoyed being swaddled for only 2 or 3 weeks and then she was desperate to be free!
ReplyDeleteJohn and Virginia look adorable in their swaddles! They are getting so big!
Hey guys,
ReplyDeleteI am glad to hear the babies are doing well! Congrats!
Patrick
that's too funny! if you're out of ky, Vaseline will do, and when they are bigger pears work wonders. Bartek says if it wasn't for my sister telling us about the thermometer trick back in November, Austin wouldn't have gone yet!
ReplyDelete