Sunday, August 30, 2009

School

We had a great weekend! Grandma and Granddaddy came to play and did a lot of feeding times. I got to run errands and go out to dinner with some girlfriends! What a fun day!I even sat outside yesterday for a little bit.

I have a weird feeling today...I am supposed to have the "I can't believe summer is over..." feeling on the eve of school starting. I usually cry and make Joe get me a nice dinner and a beer. I complain about how we need to win the lottery. I fuss and usually deny that we are actually going to work. But I am not going back yet this year...so I don't have this feeling. And now that I am not going back, I am feeling somewhat bad that I am not going. What? When I filled out my planner, I was a little sad. For 25 years, I have been on the same school schedule. When I did not finish out the year in June, I felt unsettled. What a bizarre year this will be also to not open the school year. I know it will be fine it is just strange to not go to work!

With that said, Joe is going back to work tomorrow. But thank goodness that Granny B is coming for the week!!!!

Thanks for helping out on Friday Aunt Patty!! They miss you!



Sophie made this a few days before the babies were born! Too sweet!





3 comments:

  1. Hi Allison and Joe, Elizabeth and I had such a great time visiting you and meeting John and Virginia. We think they are very special babies!

    Love Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow, Joe! You are going to miss your family more than you've missed anything, and coming home will be the sweetest reward.

    Allison, I'm quite certain you'll "get over" not going back quite easily. Good luck to this transition.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll trade you! Dougie

    ReplyDelete