Thursday, August 6, 2009

Nowhere To Run

When I came in to the hospital yesterday, I found a new toy on their legs. I immediately went to the nurses to ask what it was. My first thought was oh lord...what has happened now...I hope this is not something new! It turns out that the babies were living free for a few days, but no longer! They got their security ankle bracelets...Martha Stewart style. So we can sleep soundly knowing that if anyone tries to steal these babies...the elevators shut down and alarms sound. See the pictures below!

On another note....it turns out we have to buy a special formula for the babies when we get them home. As most of you know, I am a HUGE generic and discount shopper and fully planned to feed these babies formula that was not name brand. But...it turns out that is not a choice. So...in the next nine months or so...if you see this formula on sale, see coupons, or get any Babies R US coupons...PLEASE let me know!! Thanks!!!


Back together again...



Virginia's hand on Joe's finger.

Stop taking pictures of me. For real.



You might not be able to see me with all of my camo on!

It may not seem like jail to them...but it may to us!




7 comments:

  1. love the picture of Virginia's hand on Joe's finger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These might be SOME of my favorite pictures so far! I love seeing how content they are beside each other. Look at her nuzzling right up to her brother -- her protector. And her hand is so strong! It's going to let her do great things during her life. Was Joe trying to thumb wrestle with her?

    Regarding the formula, always ask for samples when you take them to the pediatrician -- hopefully they'll have some of that particular formula every time you go, and I'll definitely pass along whatever coupons I get, but I haven't been on the Babies 'R Us mailing list for quite some time;(.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pics! They are getting so big! I would love to come visit sometime!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first picture of the two of them snuggling. They look so peaceful and happy to be together! They really have such beautiful little faces . . . makes you wonder what they'll look like in a few months, and in a few years. Enjoy those quiet moments!
    Take care --
    Chris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ask the nurses to give you as much of the formula to take home as possible when they are set free for real. They have tons of that stuff around and are usually pretty good about loading you up before you go out into the real world!
    They are so stinking cute! You are really making me want another one or two!! Keep the pictures and videos coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello
    We had to use that formula too. First of all do not buy it at Babies R Us. They are expensive. Target doesn't have it but Kroger and Ukrops does. Anyway I wanted to tell you if you sign up with the Enfamil website they will send you really good coupons. We would get several for $5 and $9 off every month. Get the grandparents to sign up too. They look like checks but the store just treats it like a coupon. Good luck!
    Missy Elliott

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allison,
    The babies are getting SO BIG!! I can't believe how much their little cheeks have filled out! They are very healthy little ones :)
    We are STILL on that formula. It only comes in that small size, and I have found it at Target, Kroger, Ukrop's, Food Lion.
    **HOWEVER**, my new favorite shopping place for formula and baby food is diapers.com. They sell it in bulk, it's probably about the same price as in stores, but you will find that you go through it very quickly and it's nice to have it delievered right to your door, for free! They take all coupons (you mail them in, they credit your account), and deliver the next day if you order by 6pm (although, be careful over weekends...most of those orders are not delivered until Tuesday...found that out the hard way!!).
    Also, when the babies start eating solids, this is in my opinion the ONLY way to buy the jars of food. Mine are up to 3 jars a day each...yes, that's 42 jars a week!!!! It is impossible, and a big fat pain in the butt, to search through all those little jars on the grocery store shelf to get what you need. Online you can order variety packs or just one type of fruit/vege in bulk. If your order is over $49 shipping is free. It's not hard to do...I have never once paid for shipping :)
    And do ask the nurses for whatever formula they can give you when you leave. They get it for free, so they should be able to spare some for you. We also had some mailed to us from the rep. who sold to the hospital...never met him/her, but we were told they usually send samples to parents of multiples.
    Fingers crossed that they come home soon! Rooming in is a very good sign...have fun with that :) Oh, and check Kohl's for Redskins onesies...I would pass mine to you, but the twins still fit in them :) Sorry for the super-long post...take care!!
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete