Thursday, August 20, 2009
Hope
Many of you that have seen me regularly since last November knew that I was wearing my hope necklace religiously. I got it as a gift from Joe's sister Kelly for my birthday last year. I have worn it every day since I received it...except the day of my emergency surgery and the day of their birth. But both days I made Joe hold it until I could put it back on. I got pregnant the month after I starting wearing it. In the last few months, it was also providing a home for my wedding rings. At one point, the chain broke and I panicked...I guess it had become somewhat of a security blanket for me. I finally took it off the night the babies came home to their new home. I finally felt settled in taking it off and decided that I would save it for the first addition to Virginia's jewelry box. It was quite funny that I started wearing it in November because people surely thought I was wearing it to support the Obama campaign.
You can hardly see the word HOPE on it but it is there. These earrings were given to Virginia by one her favorite nurses...Grace. Some of you may remember Grace from the bow fame.
I am going to try to take a picture by this each month to see how they are growing. I wish I could have done it in the hospital but we will just start from here.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
They look so precious! I love John's legs straight out and the screaming. The boy knows what he wants (or doesn't want). Virginia is looking at him like... what's wrong with him??? It is amazing to see how quickly they grow and change.
ReplyDeleteLove, Kim
They are perfect! I have been checking on them every day! I love the carbon monoxide comment, and the bumpy road. What a good daddy!
ReplyDeleteAllison, you are beaming. I'm so happy for you!
Love,
Kitty
I love that so far Virginia has a "hope" necklace, earrings from "Grace", and lots and lots of "love" from you and Joe! Plus, there's no doubt that you and Joe kept the "Faith!" all along!
ReplyDeleteLove,
April
Nice Blog. We are thinking of you all and hope to see to soon.
ReplyDeleteLove, Granddady Koontz
Love the pictures with the stork . . . what a cute tradition that you'll enjoy looking back on over the years!!
ReplyDeleteTake care --
Chris :-)
LOL! I want to know what they are both looking at in that last picture. That is hilarious! The look on their faces. Love it!
ReplyDeleteHe's smiling with pride at his "little" sister in that photo, don't you think Sarah?
ReplyDeleteI think April hit the nail on the head regarding today's message.
Have a good, relatively peaceful night Koontz family.
PS Allison -- has she outgrown the "panty liner" yet?
ReplyDeleteI love how John is freaking out and Virgina is like - really bud, calm down already.... Too cute. They are just so big already!
ReplyDelete