Sunday, July 12, 2009

1 day old...

So far so good! Last night was a good night for both babies! They both got off of the breathing machine and are now just on some oxygen. Overall, they are troopers and are really stable already!

We visited this morning and got to hold both babies which is starting to make it seem more real. They did open their eyes when we were talking to them...we claim it is because they already know our voices and love us. Virginia was quiet and snuggly all day. And no surprise that John was into everything and has managed to discover how to take everything off of him. He is just testing these nurses to make sure he gets enough attention.

They had a big day with a lot of visitors....both sets of grandparents, great Aunt Patty, great Uncle Ken, Aunt Kelly, and Aunt Ashley! What a day!


Our new favorite picture...the only one so far of both of them! John is on the left and Virginia is on the right.

The first holding time for both of us!

Please don't pay attention to my greasy hair...that is what 3 days of no shampooing will do to you. Joe claims I have winter hair...hopefully I will get some color back into now that I am free from prison and can go outside whenever I want to!!

Virginia all snuggled up on her tummy. She loves the pacifier!

Joe with his new buddy John...too cute!



The nurses made us cute signs for each baby.


She is already a lover of pink and green...and I had nothing to do with it!

Virginia showing off her eyes! Don't worry about the head...it is just her IV.





17 comments:

  1. Chris Weidele cweidele@yahoo.comJuly 12, 2009 at 7:27 PM

    Wow, you guys are amazing! I was hoping for more pictures, but I can't believe you've had time to take them and post them! John and Virginia are absolutely adorable (no surprise!) and I'm glad to hear they are doing so well. It's so good to see you two holding them. Enjoy every minute, and it only gets better, too!
    Take care --
    Chris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you guys!! You ARE amazing with your updates and I love it!! I can't seem to see enough pictures. Keep posting them... but rest too!!! Ya'll make a picture perfect family. Enjoy them staying put in one place... that won't last long. Every day is such a blessing!!! Love you all!
    Kim Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness---I just love them! It is so amazing to see them snuggling and the teeny tiny hiney in the air while sleeping! Keep resting as much as you can, Mommy, and I am so happy for you all!
    Love,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. John and Virginia are just beautiful! Sadie had an IV on top of her head, too---we called it her tiara :) Allison, you look great, and you and Joe look so happy--what a joy to have 2 new babies. Looking forward to seeing more pics :) I am so impressed with all that you have already posted!
    -Laura Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the world Virginia and John! I am so happy and excited for you all. Congratulations to all four of you!! Virginia and John are beautiful. And wow, Allison, you look fantastic. You and Joe certainly look like proud parents!
    Hugs to all of you, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allison, I am so proud of you and Joe. You are troopers! I am so happy that you are able to post pictures for us all to see. I enjoyed looking at them. I hope you are feeling well. I miss you very much and I can't wait to come see John and Virginia one day. Keep posting pictures. It makes me feel like I'm in VA and close to you again! Love you, Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Al-Joe -

    They are just beautiful. I am so proud of you both and all that you have gone through to get to this wonderful moment of holding your children. They love you more than you know already and to see the smiles on your faces just melts my heart. What a beautiful family! Love you mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are amazing! I love the pictures and all the updates! What a beautiful family! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Allison you look great and the babies are adorable. :):) I can't wait to read more about your new life with them. Hope to see you all soon.
    -Susan Naugle

    ReplyDelete
  10. You all are so good to keep us updated...I love the pictures that you posted. Parents are glowing (and it isn't from lack of shower, its from love) and the babies look so peaceful. I want to kiss those little fingers and toes :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are amazing, Allison! Not that we didn't know that already, but with all the excitement, visitors, recovery from surgery, only you could manage to post all of these wonderful pics & details for your adoring fans. God bless all four of you! John & Virginia are such miracles proving that good things come to those who wait. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Virginia and John are precious! Thank you for sharing the pictures so quickly. It is so sweet to see the family picture. We are thrilled for the entire McCrary Koontz gang. Love ya, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could just eat them up with a spoon. It won't be long until they are home snuggling with those precious bottoms in the air while napping on your chest. It is the best feeling ever. I might have to come take a nap with them when they get home myself. Hugs and kisses times four! Love you guys!!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  14. John and Virginia are absolutely beautiful! I'm sure they have all the nurses wrapped around their sweet fingers. You all are such troopers -- now the fun begins! We look forward to meeting the new additions soon!
    Love, Little Rick and Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. sooooo cute! thanks for sharing.
    Cheryl Hart

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful family! The babies are adorable, and you look wonderful! I love reading the posts and seeing the pictures. Try to get some rest, you are going to need it! Love, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet little blessings! Love all the pictures. Congratulations! Our nurses gave Emily "Spa nights" on the overnight shift. They were so awesome. I am sure they are in excellent hands.
    Kim Sale

    ReplyDelete