They took the glow light (similar to ET) off both kids and we no longer need to weigh their diapers...apparently they are both getting pretty regular! She likes to save hers up for the whole day and have one huge blowout.
The big news for today....Virginia had her first bottle!!!!!! The bottle lady came by to show me how it would be done. With preemies, it is a whole different feeding and burping style. In the middle of it, she said Virginia was doing great and she just passed her right on to me. It was so much fun to feed her! They said John would be on to bottles feeding soon!
P.S. I think the new room with a "view" is lightening her hair. No need for lemon juice with this one.
He is awake!!! Don't mind the shiny eye...we are getting over a weird tear duct!
Oh my gosh...such great strides! When an exciting 24 hours you've all had. I can only imagine the excitement you experienced feeding Virginia her first bottle. Remember that...because when they're both screaming for a bottle at the same time you just might not be feeling "excitement" LOL! I LOVE the pink & brown bedding. Is John's so boring you don't even want to show us???
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like such wonderful progress! Although I haven't posted lately, I've definitely been keeping up with the Koontz Kids! :o)
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of weighing diapers! That totally makes sense though! They are just so precious! I know I keep telling you this, but it is true! And, John's hair is adorable too! I loved the mohawk the other day!
These little angels are so fortunate to have you and Joe as parents! You are going to have such a lifetime of laughter together! Wish I could be more a part of it!
:o)
Dana
You give me the baby fever with the pictures. LOVE it! You, mom, are looking GREAT. Good to see you, albeit briefly, today! See you more tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteWow -- such excitement! They are both looking great!
ReplyDeleteChris :-)
What a big day! I think you should take a photo of a regular size bottle so we can see how big that is! How thankful you must be for all this progress!!! Keep doing what you're doing, Mommy and Daddy!
ReplyDeletelove,
janet
The first thing I do each morning is check to see if there are any new Koontz kids pictures! So glad that you are getting to do so much more with Virginia and John. Their amount of hair could make many older, almost bald babies jealous! Can't wait to see the next set of pictures.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Wendy
They look great! I think they are getting a lot of strength from auntie tina across the street. They can here me cheering them on!
ReplyDeleteVirginia might be the first blonde Koontz! I can't believe how fast they are progressing, it must be from all the love they are getting. Keep up the great work.
ReplyDeleteAllison,
ReplyDeleteCindy here, Lorraine Charlton's daughter, great to see them doing so well. Let me know if you need ANYTHING...357-7904. I'm sure your support group from Echo has been great. Know that mom and I are praying lots for you!!!
Cindy (and momma Charlton too)
How exciting and wonderful!!! I keep looking at your hands to judge the size of Virginia and John. We can see the growth already. Don't worry about the mommy tears...they keep on coming. I remember thinking "once the baby is born I won't worry anymore". Yah right!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics!!!! So happy for your fam of 4.
Amy Skaggs
so glad that everyone is doing well - they are sooo cute. by the way - i'm sure times have changed since i had a baby 26 years ago, but the hairstyle was called a kewpie instead of a mohawk. either way, it's a momma thing!
ReplyDeletethe last comment was from me -
ReplyDeleteCheryl
Allison and Joe,
ReplyDeleteThey are precious. You are KILLING ME with the commentary on lemon juice, coordinated bedding, and the like. Too funny. I am glad you're all doing so well. I hope to see you soon and to meet John and Virginia soon, as well!
Take Care,
Miggie