We had the c-section about 1:30...and two little babies were born both at 1:37 on July 11, 2009!!
John McCrary Koontz at 3 lbs. 6 ozs. and 16 inches
Virginia Eileen Koontz at 3 lbs. 5 ozs. and 16.5 inches
We named him John after Joe's dad and grandfather and McCrary after my dad. We named her Virginia after my grandmother and Eileen after Joe's grandmother. They are all special people in our lives and we are proud to carry on their names.
Both babies are stable and wonderful...in their new home of the NICU. They are needing a little help to breathe but overall both are great. Both have a full head of hair. John's is dark like Joe's hair. Virginia has a few lighter highlights! She is already ready for the beach! We have visited a few times already and both sets of grandparents have been in to see them.
We are doing great...nothing a little pain meds won't cure! We will post more pics when we can!
And hey...this was no 40 weeks but at least they share a birthday with 7-11 and can always get free slurpies on their birthday! Go have one for us for free today!
On our way to the hospital....
Suiting up!
Feeling those contractions...and a tiny kidney stone! And by tiny I mean ridiculously painful! Super!
Neither of us wanted to peek! YIKES!
The first baby out...Virginia Eileen at 1:37. This little over achiever had to be first!
The ultimate gentleman....letting his sister come out first but he still arrived at 1:37!
Yay! I'm so happy for you and Joe! Virginia and John are so precious! What a blessing! 7/11, what a great birthday! I love how you are documenting all of this through your blog and emails after going through childbirth the same day! You are certainly a trooper! Be well!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Congrats Congrats to you and your hubby! You have been such a super mommy already! Your babies are so beautiful and I am sure your family is so proud. Can't wait to hear more. Take care of yourself. Many blessings!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Allison!!! Who you calling an overachiever? Virginia may have arrived first, but look at you blogging the day you delivered these bundles. I am so glad they have arrived safely and pray the next few weeks will be marked with healthy milestones and many happy memories. Get some rest -- the real work's just begun. Love ya! - Karen Haywood
ReplyDeleteThe babies are here, how absolutely wonderful!!!!!! I am thrilled for you, Joe, Virginia and John - what a happy family! The babies are precious. I can already tell that Virginia is going to be the strong leader and John is going to be laid back and easy to get along with :) With a perfect pair like that, you and Joe and going to be busy. Take care of yourself now and be sure to get some much needed rest now...you wont be able to soon enough :) Love to you all - I can't wait to meet the newest members of the Koontz clan! - Whitney
ReplyDeleteWonderful news! After all the excitement of this pregnancy, you didn't expect a quiet, scheduled delivery at 40 weeks, did you? Congratulations, you two! Virginia and John are absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLove, Chris, Geoff, and Jack
Congrats Allison & Joe! What great news. I love the names, too. My wonderful husband, John, and my mom and sister are both Virginias (Ginger and Ginny). Hope the kids come home soon. Amy
ReplyDeletehooray!! your babies are just perfect and i am so happy for you and joe! wonderful names and what a lovely way to honor your families :O) enjoy all your time with the little ones and word of advice...swipe as many of those striped receiving blankets as you can ;O) they make great burp cloths if you have a spitter on your hands :O)
ReplyDeleteWELCOME VIRGINIA AND JOHN!!
xoxo,
molly
beautiful!
ReplyDeleteCheryl
Congratulations to all of you! It's been a tough spring and summer, but it will be smooth sailing ahead for the Koontz family! Enjoy every minute with those beautiful babies.
ReplyDeleteDiane and Stuart Myers
YAY! I am so happy and relieved for all of you! Now the fun begins! Please let me know if you might want a visitor! Congratulations to you both----what a wonderful blessing!!! Now, when will you deliver the kidney stone???
ReplyDeleteLots of love and prayers---
Janet Givens
Yay! These pictures are wonderful! What beautiful babies! We can't wait to meet them, especially Katy! She is looking forward to lots of playdates down the road. XOXO - Kristina, Ryan, and Katy
ReplyDeleteAllison and John, I'm sitting here with tears running down my face as I look at your lovely family. You two deserve the best and it looks like you've got them. Congratulations! It's so amazing that you have shared your pictures and experiences so quickly. You guys are super troupers. Love the names and the tributes. Carole P.
ReplyDeleteAllison and Joe
ReplyDeleteI have chilly bumps all up and down my arms! I am just so happy and excited for you all. What a happy ending to this wild and crazy pregnancy of yours! I can't wait to meet them. I want to hold those little buggars!!
Love you 4!!! Kim, Jared and Benjamin Jackson
Such exciting news! Congratulations on your two new little ones! I'm so happy everyone is happy and healthy. They look so sweet...they don't stay tiny for very long so enjoy every minute! Take care of yourself Allison and keep posting those pictures! (:
ReplyDeleteLove, Jill
we love you all! big rick
ReplyDeleteYay! Congratulations!!! We can't wait to meet Viriginia & John:) We are so happy for you guys. Please let us know if you need anything at all...and the offer that I left on your voicemail Friday for dinner still stands:) I guess this weekend isn't the best timing, but we'll bring something over soon!
ReplyDeleteChristy, Heath, Cal & Kayla
Allison and Joe,
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful day for you both and for those wonderful little darlins'. What troopers you have been and John and Virginia are so lucky to have you as parents. I cannot wait to see them. Sounds as if they are in great hands and will be doing fine. Pink and blue.....great colors to get used to.
Take care and love to all of you!
Anita Light
So cute! I am so excited for you guys! I can't wait to meet them.
ReplyDeleteYES YES YES!!!! What a glorious way to start the week with this awesome news! So relieved and excited and beaming for you guys.
ReplyDeleteWe'll have to start paying better attention to this blog to check for updates....
Lots of love from NYC.
Welcome Virginia and John!! We've been at the beach all week so I haven't been able to comment but I have been able to read the blog! Maya and Kevin can't wait to meet their new cousins and Alain and I are so excited to meet our new niece and nephew. Maya's pretty sure that they should be able to come to the beach in August. She said she won't mind missing the ocean to stay in and take turns holding and feeding the babies. She can't stop talking about how cute her cousins are.
ReplyDeleteAllison and Joe, Congratulations on the babies. They are two lucky kids.
ReplyDeleteLorna Jahn