Big day here....both babies got off of the tanning machine! Virginia is doing a great job feeding...she may have her Mommy's appetite...yikes! The nurse had to give her a stool softener and then she had what the nurse claimed as the "biggest poop" she had seen in a while. I told you she was an over achiever. John finally settled in a bit to his bed. He also had a true man moment and has (at only 4 days old) found his penis! He is working the Al Bundy at an early age. Way to go!
Grandma Koontz and Kristina came to visit today! It was uneventful but fun for all.
I had a HUGE day as I went out to dinner for the first time in 10.5 weeks. Heather and Blake witnessed us as they spotted us when they were out with some friends. I a little bit felt like I was breaking the law. I am sure that Joe enjoyed having me out with him on our favorite Wednesday night tradition of fajita night.

My first time with her on my chest!

She is literally tucked into my shirt.

I am a man....lounging in the sun with my hand in my pants...
Allison, you look terrific! How are you feeling?!?! I can only imagine how awesome it felt to have skin-to-skin contact with your baby. Savor these precious moments. Way to go, John...I'm sure you made your dad mighty proud when he witnessed your lounging pose. Too, too funny! God bless. Karen
ReplyDeleteYour humor is totally cracking me up! You have such a brave outlook on things. I'm sure it was so hard to leave your little sweeties but you're grinning and bearing it well! I'm so thankful you made this blog site....I love it! Take care, Dana
ReplyDeleteVirginia & John,
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you made it all safe and sound. You guys are doing great! With parents as wonderful as yours you have no choice but to take it to the max. Enjoy your mom and dad. They are great parents to have.
Judy
P.S. I had one that came early and there is no milking this for the sympathy plea later on.
I am still on such a high from my visit! What precious babies, even more beautiful in person! I thought it was very eventful. John woke up to say hi. He was a perfect gentleman (no Bundy action) when I was there. Love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteAllison...I second what Dana says! I love reading the blog and getting updates. You truly crack me up! I love John's pose while "tanning"...I'm still smiling over that one! Hope you are getting some rest...those sweet little babies will be home before you know it! (:
ReplyDeleteIs there such a thing as "tan enough" Allison? Aunt Kelly
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you guys got to enjoy a dinner out. You so deserve it. That Al Bundy picture of John is hilarious! And Virginia tucked in your shirt is precious.
ReplyDelete