Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Moving On Up...Well Really Just Back To 3West

On my way to see the babies today, I was feeling a touch emotional. I was feeling as though we were in a holding pattern and that I needed a big change to happen to feel like there was some progress being made. Virginia was doing so well with her feeding, I was hoping that they were going to decrease her feeding time a little bit. When I got in to the NICU, her nurse said that she had spit up a little bit and that they were going to INCREASE her feeding time. Apparently, I lost it. I was a mess...two tissue boxes! After some visitors, I slowly got over it. And a beer at lunch helped as well.

Joe and I went back over this afternoon. I asked how the afternoon went and the direct quote was "We have some news..." But it was said with two sad faces. The nurses crowded around me and told me that I probably needed to sit down. They even brought the tissue box over because they know me so well. (Before I go on, I should probably tell you that on Saturday they told me John was ready to go up to the next nursery but she was not because she did not weigh enough. I cried. A lot. The nurse came back over about an hour later and said "We have a new plan..." and they decided to keep them together. Then I had the mother's guilt that I was holding him back...I could not win!) So...I asked them with tears coming down my face if John was moving up. They said yes...they waited what seemed like forever and said that she was going too! Whew... Much to their dismay, the babies were moved up at 7! The nurses tried to remind the Doctors all of the reasons that they should not go...because they were SO SAD that the babies were leaving.

So they moved up to the Progressive Care Nursery tonight! This is the nursery that they will be released from...so this is a HUGE deal. It is on the same hall (3West) that I spent all of my bed rest on....so really they are coming home to a place they already know. It is VERY laid back. We can apparently get them out without asking. Who knew! They have their own room with two windows and a view...of Kristina's house! Actually, their room is WAY bigger than my hospital room.

This was a big day for us...we feel like very proud parents. We are thrilled that they are one step closer to home.

A last look at their spots in the NICU!

Their new room....seriously...I wish I had this space on my many weeks of bed rest!


Proud Daddy

This was a gift from his Daddy...

Although Joe objected, I had to give this kid his first mohawk!

Ok....for you non-believers of the hair on this child...here you can see a close up of the hair on his face. It is like Teen Wolf. Don't be jealous Mary!






Thanks for visiting Jones girls!!!

I promise I won't cry next time you come to play Jennifer!

10 comments:

  1. such wonderful news!!!! every day they're a step closer----I look forward to another visit!!!:):):)
    love
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What great news!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I love Teen Wolf! :) See you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear the wonderful news! Love the mohawk and looking forward to seeing Virginia with some green bows, some polka dot bows, etc. Can't wait to see the babies in their own room at home!
    Love,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Virginia and John!!! Such a happy day. Joe looks like a doctor in that photo of their new digs...I actually thought he WAS the doctor until I read the caption. Such sweet souls. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wahoooooooo! What exciting news! I am so proud of them and I am glad they were able to keep the kids together. We surely wouldn't want sibling rivalry to start this early! They are so cute and precious and adorable and sweet and loving and beautiful and......
    See you soon.
    Love, Kim Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!! Fantastic!!!! They sure are determined and strong willed! Wonder where they get they from?? Keep the great news coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fantastic news! John will be surfing on top of a van with his hair blowing in the wind in no time!

    love ya, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful news!! I'm so happy they are making such great progress!
    Take care --
    Chris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the hair!! They look great!- Erika

    ReplyDelete