As for me, I am doing fine! I am recovering as much from the c-section as I am from the 10 weeks of bed rest. Each day is easier...I am trying to find the balance between resting at home and wanting to be with the babies. My body has been something. Post delivery...the kidney stones have yet to make an appearance. Thank goodness!! But my body seems to have forgotten what it is like to be vertical. Right after delivery, I ballooned up and it is just starting to go down. It looks like I am wearing someone else's legs and feet! I can't complain since I was so lucky to have only gained 13lbs. in the whole pregnancy...I weighed the day before delivery! But I gained more weight after they came out! People always say things are never the same...
Joe is doing great! He is happy to have me "back" and more mobile than the last 3 months. One day I may start to do the laundry and dishes again....but maybe not! I did just have two kids, right?? That has to count for something. He will also be happy when I can drive again. But he has been such a trooper and quite possibly the most attentive husband to me in the last several weeks. Everyone at work kept saying "oh that poor Joe"...not "poor Allison" but they pitied him to have to deal with me and the orders I had to give for every single thing. I don't blame them...my Daddy always said I was a piece of work.
Allison, you look amazing!!! You certainly don't look like you just gave birth to twins! And Virginia is so bright eyed in her photos today! I love John all zonked out on his tummy -- I wonder if we'll see photos of him on a blogsite passed out like that when he's in college?!?! Thanks so much for the updated status on you -- watch that swelling and keep your feet up whenever possible. Joe, if you think chauffeuring Allison around now is rough, just wait until Virginia & John are old enough to have a social life and too young to drive. At least you're both going the same direction for now. Those bumper stickers that read "Mom's Taxi" aren't such a joke, it turns out.
ReplyDeleteThe babies are so attentive already! I love seeing their eyes. It's unbelievable how fast their first week went. Allison, you look great. Don't be so hard on yourself. The weight will go away, I promise. You were just carrying babies for almost 9 months and it was harder than most pregnancies, so relax. The babies are so lucky to have you guys as parents. I just can't go onto my computer without going into my search history and clicking on your blog. I really do LOVE the pictures. Please keep posting them!!! I can't get enough!! BTW, Jeff's cousin just had identical twin boys two nights ago. Seriously, she is the 4th woman we know that has had twins within the last 2 years. There has to be something in the water...
ReplyDeleteAllison, you look wonderful! I agree with Amber, don't be too hard on yourself! Relax and enjoy yourselves and your new babies. They are a true blessing!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy the babies are doing so well. Grow, grow, grow! Their little faces are so expressive already. Do you just look at them and try to figure out who looks like who?
I'm off for a week -- I might have to sneak away and find a free network somewhere to check in on you guys :-)
Take care --
Chris
Mommies sacrifice a lot for babies---as you already know!!!!!!!!! You will find that a few pounds doesn't really matter in the whole scheme of life---just hold them close and smile! Keep taking good care of yourself and holding your sweet souls. I am going to see them soon-----what a treat!
ReplyDeleteLove
Janet
Allison,you look absolutely fantastic! My parents are in town so I had to share my latest addiction of checking out your blog. My mom looked at YOU and said, "Wow, she is beautiful!" Had to let you know. Whatever it is you are doing, keep it up. You rock it girl! Oh...and Joe too! :-)
ReplyDeleteYou truely look wonderful. Like you are beaming, it's a wonderful thing. One day you and Joe will look back and say "remember when" and it will seem like forever ago. Cherish every minute. As for the weight...I gained 9 lbs in month 6 alone! I need not say anymore:) Take care and thank you for sharing your lives with us. We love it!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to come down and see them again! Aunt Kelly
ReplyDeleteJoe and Allison, we LOVE the blog! It's such a great way to keep friends and family up to date! John and Virginia are just perfect and we are praying that they continue to make amazing progress! I know you are ready to have them home, so you can settle in as a family of 4! Take care of yourselves and keep bloggin! We love ya! Jill, Jeremy, Mackenzie and baby Buzzard
ReplyDeleteP.S. Down the road, you can turn your blog into a hard bound book. I can send you the link sometime if you are interested!