Thursday, July 16, 2009

Clothes, Clothes, Clothes


Major news....we can start dressing Virginia! When we went to visit today, she was already in an outfit! They asked us to bring in some preemie outfits for her....oh let the fun begin! She also got off all of her oxygen and her IV. She is eating up to 3 teaspoons of food every 3 hours.

John had a big day as well...he is doing great on his oxygen and they hope to have him off of it soon. But the big news is that he can start to feed today in his tube...I am sure he is dying to catch up with his sister.

The nurse suggested we bring in these little blankets for each baby so they would have our smell on them. They claim it will be comforting to each baby!

Thanks Joan for these gifts!!!

John just getting comfortable...



Joe holding Virginia skin to skin...I finally let him have one of them.

Cortney came by for the action...and got a lot of it!

Holding both babies for the first time makes it truly real. What a blessing. Poor Joe...one day he might get to hold both.



Virginia's freedom...no oxygen and no IV!

My personal favorite...in real clothes.

7 comments:

  1. So wonderful!!!!! When can I come see??? What a wonderful feeling to feel them next to you---on the outside! Keep smiling!
    Love,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting day!! They look great and are doing so well! Funny, Auntie Boppy does not appear to be crying in that picture. . . must have been hard to find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful sight! We're so glad that both little ones are making such good progress! Enjoy all those snuggles! We'd love to come see you sometime soon --
    Love to all four of you --
    Chris, Geoff, and Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow -- they seem to be progressing so well. Keep up the good work, Virginia & John! I just found out we know another family who welcomed their twin babies at HDH this week -- such a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Al - these are great photos! I love how much time you get to just be with them and I know they are loving every minute of it too! I love that Virginia is overachieving already - not that we expected any different. And I really can't believe how much John looks like Joe. Crazy. They just look awesome - I love it and can't wait to see them on Saturday! Love you.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those babies are just so beautiful! I can't stop looking at them. Hope to see John and Virginia soon!
    Love,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Virginia is stylin' in her outfit! The pictures of Allison with both babies are incredible. When they're 10 you can say can you believe I used to be able to hold both of you on my chest?

    ReplyDelete