Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm No Dummy...

Aunt Meaghan came to visit today! She had a great time meeting her new niece and nephew and we enjoyed a nice lunch out. I went out to dinner with some girlfriends...thanks girls for getting me out! After a day of a few tears that I am not at the beach with my family, I also treated myself to a manicure and pedicure...thanks Cortney!

Virginia did a great job with her feeding today. No fast for her...she is getting back on track.

John is doing a good job with his feeding as well...in fact he is eating more than her these days. She may come around and eat as much as her brother. Similar to her mother who is eating MORE than her husband these days. I spent 30 weeks trying to gain weight and they come out and I am all of a sudden starving. Joe actually made the comment today "Are you eating again?" Wow.

John's nurse gave him a suppository to get things moving. Make sure to check out the picture below of his face after it. I don't blame the kid. I would have a sour look on my face if a strange lady put a syringe up my rear as well. So after that, she asked if we wanted to change his diaper. Well, I am no dummy...I know what comes after a suppository. So I reminded Joe that it was probably his turn. Joe went in for the diaper change. As soon as his butt hit the fresh air, that poop came right on out. And kept coming. And coming. After several wipes, we could say the suppository was a success.


Post suppository look...shame.

Post suppository action...whew.

Bright eyes!

Thanks Michelle...Daddy loves this outfit! He even bought it again last week in a bigger size!

Aunt Meaghan spending time with John...who looks just like her!

5 comments:

  1. You guys are responsible for this strange feeling I have...I don't recognize it...it is foreign to anything I have ever experienced before...could it be "the baby itch"?! Your babies are ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see a new post after yesterday's foolish threat to discontinue daily posts. Job well done with the diaper duty, Allison! So glad you're taking advantage of opportunities to get out & about while you can too. Sun bathing, mani & pedicure...not back for a new mom! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy Joe likes the outfit! It made me think of him when I saw it! John and Virginia are both super adorable...I can't wait to meet them! Jake loves seeing what the "computer babies" are up to everyday...he got really excited about the poop picture!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok - so the poop shot is just priceless. Poor guy, but I bet he felt so much better afterwards! I love the little outfit you have on him - where did Michelle get it?

    So proud of you for getting out and about. I bet you love that pedicure - without the hot washcloths right?

    Sidenote - just saw the back of your old house on HGTV property virgins! So fun. Love you!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe I have to share a post with a poop!!! Thanks for having me down to visit with you and your beautiful children! I loved meeting them, they are even more gorgeous in person.

    ReplyDelete