I put myself in a bathing suit and beach chair in my backyard today...and finally felt like a real person. Ahhh....summer....
Sunday, July 19, 2009
No More O2
We had a good day today! John got off of his oxygen and is just working on eating and keeping his business attached to his body. They did give him some caffeine to keep him more alert...so he was on a coffee high when we came back to visit tonight. I guess I did not need to give up caffeine during this pregnancy. We did several diaper changes, temperature checks, and changing clothes. Joe had a great time changing a poopy diaper and putting on Virginia's clothes. Not much else to report...and that is a good thing!
I put myself in a bathing suit and beach chair in my backyard today...and finally felt like a real person. Ahhh....summer....
He was getting measured...we could not resist the naked photo. This was after he peed a little bit in the fresh air.
Ok...we are not trying to brag...but this girl is holding her pacifier in her mouth all by herself. She is 8 days old.

John resting on me this morning...notice the oxygen tube is gone. He was done with it before he even had it. And I don't blame him.
I put myself in a bathing suit and beach chair in my backyard today...and finally felt like a real person. Ahhh....summer....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Keep all the good news coming---they are such troopers! Keep up all the good work and lovin'! I will see you soon---and keep resting as much as you can to prepare for the eventual homecoming :)
ReplyDeleteLove
Janet
Allison and Joe:
ReplyDeleteI've been out of town and was so happy to read the latest wonderful news! Virginia and John will be home before you know it!
Susan I
I love technology! Even though things have been too busy for me to get there yet, I can refresh my browser every day and keep up with pictures, comments, and videos. LOVE the videos! I am addicted to keeping up with The Koontz Kids. Hey, are you on Twitter? Can I follow you? :)
ReplyDeleteAllison! They look so alert and are just soooooo precious! I still can't believe that you have TWINS! :O) How cool is that? :o)
ReplyDeleteAgain, I can't say enough about your positive attitude! You need to be a motivational speaker for others! To think of all that you have been through and to hear all your hilarious comments and captions just continues to crack me up! Wish you were on a reality show...I would totally tune in each and every day! :o)
Well, keep giving lots of hugs and kisses to those precious angels of yours! Any idea when they are projecting they will get to spend the night at home? Looks like such great progress has been had in such a short amount of time! I know you can't wait!
Thanks for all the posts! :o)
Dana
PS~ Sorry it always says anonymous...I don't know how to "select a profile" so I just stick with anonymous. I know...I"m an idiot! :o)
Al - I love the sneezing video of Virginia - how cute and way to go John with no O2! These kids are going to be running circles around you before you know it. Their eyes are just beautiful. I love them more and more everyday.
ReplyDeleteNaked shots are the best!
Mary
Oh my goodness... How precious!!! I just can't get enough of looking at those little angels. I love looking at those bright eyes. I also love hearing Joe call Virginia "pretty girl" on the video. There is always something special between a mom and her son, and a dad and his daughter. Take care of yourselves.
ReplyDeleteLove you, Kim Jackson
I love seeing all the pictures and reading the updates! They are precious and have come such a long way in only one week! The smiles on your and Joe's faces are enough to bring tears. I am so happy for you! I would love to try and visit sometime next week...Mike's been out of town a lot the past two.
ReplyDeleteLove you! Michelle
Look at John's grip on that feeding tube -- he's a determined one, isn't it? I wonder who he gets that from. Between the feeding tube & pacifier grasps, I'm thinking they won't have any problems with fine motor skills. Got any updated stats on the babies for us? Do you seriously have a tan after just one day in the sun?!?! I've been in the sun all summer and still look white as a ghost comparitively! You know how people tell you to enjoy these moments because time flies? Well you really don't realize it until it's too late. Kayla is 14, just got her braces off, and is heading off to college. Suddenly she's a young adult. So as much as some days may seem particularly long, and some milestones take forever to reach, savor these moments because you'll never have them back. God bless! Karen
ReplyDeleteI just re-read my post and though it seems like it will be here before I know it, Kayla is not heading off to college, just high school thank goodness. I just had to come back and watch the video again. I know it seems like a far way off, but if you need company when your teacher friends & hubbie go back to work, I'll be your go-to girl! I can swaddle a baby with the best of them!
ReplyDelete